OT Game Of Thrones Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 14, 2009
Read at your own risk because this thread will probably have spoilers. Let's discuss! :)

******************SPOILER*************************

I'm still ever so slightly confused... so I understand where "hodor" came from but why was it the only thing adult Willis ever said? So Bran from the future traveled back in time before he was ever born into Willis' childhood and changed his life before he was ever born? Or am I over thinking it? It's too inception-y for me lol

Agreed about HBO having full creative liberty at this point. GRRM told them how it should end and they'll do whatever they please to get the plot there. I was 95% sure Jon was coming back, but my theory was he was Lyanna's son with Rhaegar (never a bastard at all) and Ned took him in. Because of the Targaryen blood I thought the Night's Watch would burn the body and he'd come back in the fire. Melisandre was my second choice. I still think he's Lyanna and Rhaegar's son, though, if Bran could hurry up in that flashback already because no doubt that scream in the tower was her.

ands maybe we do need a GOT thread lol

(I'm continuing here :p )

From what I interpreted, when Bran was in the vision thing with the Bloodraven/Brynden Rivers/the guy in the tree, he heard the yells from the people in the present and he heard Meera yelling for Hodor to help him. Sensing Hodor wasn't helping, Bran warged into Hodor while still in the vision and it was essentially Bran controlling Hodor to pick present-Bran up and get himself out.

But then something happened, like a glitch, while Bran was warging into present-Hodor and Willis started glitching in the past. It ultimately messed up his brain which is why 1. Willis kept confusing "Hold the door" with "Hodor" and 2. why Hodor "Hodor"-ed. I'm not sure if it was safe for Bran to be in a vision AND warg at the same time, especially when it concerns the same person.

I'm still a little torn on if I think Bran was still warged-in to Hodor while Hodor was holding the door or if he had warged-out by then and it was Hodor actually holding the door and not Bran as Hodor. We see Bran warg-in but I don't remember if we ever see Bran warg-out while they were running. Like did Bran use Hodor as a pawn to save himself? Or did Hodor do it on his own free will because that's what Hodor does and Hodor has no personal agenda in this show?

Ultimately Bran F's stuff up because he also essentially killed the Bloodraven and he brought the Night's King (head white walker) to them and maybe also broke the spells that protected the cave they were in that kept the white walkers and wights out of the cave.

I hope this makes sense!

Double post. But I also believe that R+L=J is true as well. If/when it is proved to be true, I think it will confirm that Jon is Azor Ahai. I know that there's arguments between Daenerys and Jon for Azor Ahai but I think when R+L=J is shown, Jon's lineage supports the "song of ice and fire" part of the prophecy and I think that's really the only thing that gives Jon the edge over Daenerys. Lyanna is a Stark whose family rules the north (ice) and Rhaegar is a Targaryen who's family can control the dragons (fire). Fire and ice = Targaryen and Stark.

Ok I'll stop now :p

Read at your own risk because this thread will probably have spoilers. Let's discuss! :)

From what I interpreted, when Bran was in the vision thing with the Bloodraven/Brynden Rivers/the guy in the tree, he heard the yells from the people in the present and he heard Meera yelling for Hodor to help him. Sensing Hodor wasn't helping, Bran warged into Hodor while still in the vision and it was essentially Bran controlling Hodor to pick present-Bran up and get himself out.

But then something happened, like a glitch, while Bran was warging into present-Hodor and Willis started glitching in the past. It ultimately messed up his brain which is why 1. Willis kept confusing "Hold the door" with "Hodor" and 2. why Hodor "Hodor"-ed. I'm not sure if it was safe for Bran to be in a vision AND warg at the same time, especially when it concerns the same person.

I'm still a little torn on if I think Bran was still warged-in to Hodor while Hodor was holding the door or if he had warged-out by then and it was Hodor actually holding the door and not Bran as Hodor. We see Bran warg-in but I don't remember if we ever see Bran warg-out while they were running. Like did Bran use Hodor as a pawn to save himself? Or did Hodor do it on his own free will because that's what Hodor does and Hodor has no personal agenda in this show?

Ultimately Bran F's stuff up because he also essentially killed the Bloodraven and he brought the Night's King (head white walker) to them and maybe also broke the spells that protected the cave they were in that kept the white walkers and wights out of the cave.

I hope this makes sense!

At first watch, I agree with everything you said and that's what I thought. But I watched it again today and started thinking that the flashback vision mixed with the warg-ing was the pivotal moment in Willis' childhood that turned him essentially nonverbal/only ever saying "Hodor." Because up until that moment he did speak as a child. He has what looks to his family as a seizure and is frantically chanting "hold the door" over and over and over until it became shortened to hodor and then that's all he spoke for the rest of his life.
You know how in other time travel tv shows/movies they always say not to touch anything or talk to anyone because you can change things for generations to come? That's how it seemed to me. But I overthink everything.

And I am semi annoyed at Daenerys' current story line. While she's a bada$$, GRRM blatantly said after she burned in season 1 that Targaryen's cannot survive fire like that; she only did in that moment because of the circumstances with dragon eggs and the blood magic since they were burning the witch, too. And then HBO does it again without the magic. I guess it was an easy way to get her out of the Dothraki plot line?

Also, since Arya has her vision back, I am sad they didn't explore the warg-ing into Nymeria storyline. I would have liked to see that.

At first watch, I agree with everything you said and that's what I thought. But I watched it again today and started thinking that the flashback vision mixed with the warg-ing was the pivotal moment in Willis' childhood that turned him essentially nonverbal/only ever saying "Hodor." Because up until that moment he did speak as a child. He has what looks to his family as a seizure and is frantically chanting "hold the door" over and over and over until it became shortened to hodor and then that's all he spoke for the rest of his life.
You know how in other time travel tv shows/movies they always say not to touch anything or talk to anyone because you can change things for generations to come? That's how it seemed to me. But I overthink everything.

And I am semi annoyed at Daenerys' current story line. While she's a bada$$, GRRM blatantly said after she burned in season 1 that Targaryen's cannot survive fire like that; she only did in that moment because of the circumstances with dragon eggs and the blood magic since they were burning the witch, too. And then HBO does it again without the magic. I guess it was an easy way to get her out of the Dothraki plot line?

Also, since Arya has her vision back, I am sad they didn't explore the warg-ing into Nymeria storyline. I would have liked to see that.

Regarding the time travel stuff, there's a really fun theory being entertained out there about Bran starting this whole war because he was going back in time trying to fix things that happened because of the war. It's a little too inception-y for me to hope that that's how it ends, but it's still fun. I think the last episode had a lot of things happen that support that theory - Hodor's backstory showing that messing around can affect the present/future and the Children of the Forest responding to his question in his vision which proves the blood raven wrong when he told Bran the people in past visions can't see or hear him.

I'm a little disappointed in Dani's current story line, too. I don't see it going anywhere it hasn't been before - it seems repetitive. I think they (HBO) are trying to keep the speculation of who is Azor Ahai going by making Dani's and Jon's story lines parallel each other and I think it's bringing down her story line because we've already seen it. They started doing this last season-ish. They both had to behead someone to establish their power and leadership even though they both clearly didn't want to. They both had to have their followers question their position in power. They were both literally and symbolically "rebirthed" and given the "God" label. They both had to fight to prove they're worthy leaders to new groups of followers - Jon with the Wildlings and Dani with the Dothraki. Both of their story lines are essentially the same but only Jon is growing as a character IMO.

I think HBO is going to have to start talking about Nymeria at some point because I think she is key in Arya's ending. This video is really interesting about Arya if you like theories. I don't think she will be sent to kill Jon like they say in the video but I love the theory of her becoming Nymeria. I don't know where Arya's storyline will go next. I think this killing the theatre lady is her last chance to prove she can be a Faceless Man but it's clear she cannot give up her identity. I really hope she doesn't go on to be a freelance assassin after this.

I haven't read the books yet because I told myself to either wait til the books are finished or wait til GRRM dies but I literally can't wait any longer. I've spent the last few weeks rewatching some episodes and reading a ton of stuff online and trying to connect dots (which I wouldn't have to do if I just read the books). So obviously the next step was to break my vow to myself and request the first audiobook from my library :p

Last edited:
I don't watch this show but this thread reminds me of Lost theories. My theories were probably crazy and made zero sense. But in my head it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite show ever!

As for Hodor, imagine him going through the next 30 years or so knowing how he was going to die? That his main purpose was to save Bran! It explains why he was protective of him from birth.

It's been said that Azor Ahai will be three. Jon and D are pretty good contenders but who's the third? This also leads to the three dragons and each having one.

Lastly it's been reported that GRRM wouldn't let HBO go forward without figuring out certain plot points. Hodor's story was straight from him and it has been implied that L+R=J was figured out and confirmed as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Favorite show ever!

As for Hodor, imagine him going through the next 30 years or so knowing how he was going to die? That his main purpose was to save Bran! It explains why he was protective of him from birth.

It's been said that Azor Ahai will be three. Jon and D are pretty good contenders but who's the third? This also leads to the three dragons and each having one.

Lastly it's been reported that GRRM wouldn't let HBO go forward without figuring out certain plot points. Hodor's story was straight from him and it has been implied that L+R=J was figured out and confirmed as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Could the third be Tyrion? How did he manage to keep those dragons so calm....?

(I do have more to this theory but I am so jetlagged I can barely see. Just wanted to write something so I could come back, diehard GOT fan :p)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Could the third be Tyrion? How did he manage to keep those dragons so calm....?

(I do have more to this theory but I am so jetlagged I can barely see. Just wanted to write something so I could come back, diehard GOT fan :p)

My coworkers think Tyrion the third is as well.

I believe Tyrion has some greater purpose in this story and I think we will find out that he has Targaryan blood as well.

I hope this makes sense!

@me.

My coworkers think Tyrion the third is as well.

I believe Tyrion has some greater purpose in this story and I think we will find out that he has Targaryan blood as well.
I reckon he does. I believe that his father's disdain for him is born not just because he was a dwarf and killed his mother via childbirth but also could be a reminder of his mother's infidelity.

That's me clutching at straws through haha.

The question I have is: what's with Littlefinger? What is his end game with Sansa, I'm confused. Did he know Ramsey would subject her to all of that? If not, why not? Doesn't he know everything? I thought he was obssessed with her cause she was the last connection he had to Catelynn. Anybody got any theories on this?

Saw this last night. :D

okea-hodor-1-29-hodor-natural-door-stopper-wood-aholdthedoor-argoerichdkoller-2572663.png

I reckon he does. I believe that his father's disdain for him is born not just because he was a dwarf and killed his mother via childbirth but also could be a reminder of his mother's infidelity.

That's me clutching at straws through haha.

The question I have is: what's with Littlefinger? What is his end game with Sansa, I'm confused. Did he know Ramsey would subject her to all of that? If not, why not? Doesn't he know everything? I thought he was obssessed with her cause she was the last connection he had to Catelynn. Anybody got any theories on this?

Well in the books, doesn't it all actually happen to Jeyne Poole, posing as Arya? I haven't read the books in a while so I might be misremembering. I think the producers combined the two plots to make it more convenient for them, and the fact of Littlefinger not wanting to get hurt Sansa was sacrificed in the process.

Well in the books, doesn't it all actually happen to Jeyne Poole, posing as Arya? I haven't read the books in a while so I might be misremembering. I think the producers combined the two plots to make it more convenient for them, and the fact of Littlefinger not wanting to get hurt Sansa was sacrificed in the process.

Your memory is accurate but in the context of this show, Jeyne doesn't exist so the producers and writers offered up Sansa.

Back