All-Star Gas Prices

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

5 miles is nothing on a bicycle :)

On major roads it is. And theres no designated lane for bikers in my city. So you have to bike in the middle of traffic.

I used to do it all the time. But I get it, it's scary. Get a Vespa!

I have to say I don't know where she lives exactly, but I think it's in the suburbs of Chicago. WAY different than where I live which is in the city. Like...IN the city. The suburbs up here are very spread out and the roads are not what I would consider safe for bicycling. And Sp1derP1g1230 is right - winter is brutal.

I was more referring to people who live in areas like where I grew up where people would literally drive a half a mile in the SAME subdivision to see a friend. I do know sometimes driving is unavoidable. I just would like people to consider walking places - I go bananas when I see moms who have 1 or 2 kids in giant SUVs and they drop their kids off at school. I get that you don't feel safe letting them walk...but you could walk with them....;)

Gas Prices in Cali OVER $5.00 :eek:

I saw that on the news! But they said it was because of the oil refinery in so Cal shutting down or something? The story I saw said whatever was wrong is fixed and it's supposed to go back down in a day or so. Fingers crossed!

I saw that on the news! But they said it was because of the oil refinery in so Cal shutting down or something? The story I saw said whatever was wrong is fixed and it's supposed to go back down in a day or so. Fingers crossed!

An oil refinery caught fire. But that was well over a month ago and prices seem to have just started rising significantly over the past week. Gas went up 30 cents a gallon overnight 2 days ago.

An oil refinery caught fire. But that was well over a month ago and prices seem to have just started rising significantly over the past week. Gas went up 30 cents a gallon overnight 2 days ago.

But I got my information from the Internet! So it has to be right. :p Jk...

That totally sucks!!! I've never been to California (I know...a travesty in itself. Trying to rectify that, trust me). Is there any way to get around besides driving? Or are you (and coast2coastfan ) screwed? :( Chicago is usually neck and neck with you guys but I just passed a gas station today and that is seriously about 70 cents higher than the one by my house!!! I seriously hope that does not last for you.

Just-a-Mom, you are so funny! Yes you gotta make it out here sometime. Spirit Sports in Palm Springs? See the thing is no one really uses public transportation here, its not very good and we drive everywhere, no one walks, even a few blocks. (we're so bad) You should see drop off time at school YIKES!

Along with all our very strict enviromental laws, we had other issues with another refinery. But price gouging is what we think is happening. But it should start dropping soon, we will be using Winter Grade fuel earlier than usual. Plus we pay .69 a gallon more in taxes. Probably more info than you wanted to know, but hey who knew we have winter grade fuel? I didnt and I guess its cheaper.

Back