All-Star Generals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 16, 2009
So sorry I missed this, but what happened to WE Generals? I went back to try to find it through the worlds threads but I could not find it! Did something happen? Why didn't they make it to finals?

They dropped 2 stunts which costed them finals. Sad day for Generals and their fans :(

although it was upsetting and disappointing, hitting day 1 is half the battle. And no disrespect intended but I'm really not sure why people are confused as to why they didn't make day 2.. again, very upsetting considering they had a very good chance at top 3 (at least) on day 2, but to make it to that point you have to have a good day 1 aswell

although it was upsetting and disappointing, hitting day 1 is half the battle. And no disrespect intended but I'm really not sure why people are confused as to why they didn't make day 2.. again, very upsetting considering they had a very good chance at top 3 (at least) on day 2, but to make it to that point you have to have a good day 1 aswell

because their raw score should've been higher. They scored low in tumbling....TUMBLING. They should've had one of the highest scores in tumbling.

because their raw score should've been higher. They scored low in tumbling....TUMBLING. They should've had one of the highest scores in tumbling.
If you look at the discussion going on in the "Worlds Scoring" thread...the order they went in could have hurt as well, I believe they were one of, if not the first team with a paid bid to go on.

Still haven't recovered. I cannot believe they weren't scored higher. With or without drops, they should have been miles ahead of a lot of teams that made finals.

Out of curious to our earlier discussion, when did they go in order?

Here is the graph. Every subsequent position you go later yields a 1 point advantage. If Generals had gone 1 or 2 teams later they probably would have made it to finals performing the exact same routine with falls.

Update - This is NOT including any of the top ten from the previous round. Those were NOT random. This is just the paid bids which were, in effect, random. The equation shows that it is expected each team score, no matter difficulty, is expected to grow by one point each timeslot.

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 3.01.12 PM.png

Back