All-Star Get This!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You just admitted she as no clue about the rules - maybe she filled out the paperwork with the age she was at the time, which if she misses the cutoff by 3 months could very well have happened.

The only thing I'll throw in and then I'm ducking back out is that really I think it's the GYM's job to ensure that this is clear on the paperwork. If all they ask is age, then it sure is their fault if they get it wrong. It's their job to have the paperwork say "USASF age guidelines go by your age on 8/31 of this year. What age will this athlete be ON AUGUST 31?" If they don't and it just says "Age: " then they've created their own problem.

The rest of this is just too much for me...:eek:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

We have only signed a contract once and when they came after me for the fees I said "see you in court"...they dropped it because you can't charge for services not rendered or items not received. Our lawyer told them "fine we'll pay for the uniform but we expect it to be mailed to us", they didn't like that at all. My oldest cp was at their gym for literally 30 days and 2 weeks of that we were out of town.
We have now been at 2 World Champion programs...NEITHER of which had us sign a contract.

We have only signed a contract once and when they came after me for the fees I said "see you in court"...they dropped it because you can't charge for services not rendered or items not received. Our lawyer told them "fine we'll pay for the uniform but we expect it to be mailed to us", they didn't like that at all. My oldest cp was at their gym for literally 30 days and 2 weeks of that we were out of town.
We have now been at 2 World Champion programs...NEITHER of which had us sign a contract.

I had one program mention suing me for the balance of a contract and when I started talking about still wanting my tumbling classes and uniform then, since I'd be paying for them...they changed their tune real quick.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

This whole thread has me enthralled. I have not experienced contracts yet in the cheer wold related to athletes.

That is true, she should have known, but we as gym owners should be held accountable. That is a very good question, what can they do? That's why I posted this. Has this happened and been made aware in the past?

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

Let's be honest here, how many all star parents THAT ARE NOT ON THE FIERCEBOARD, know the rules for cheer or even what the ages are? and Chad is right the owners should be aware and held accountable...the parents should be able to trust the gym to do the right thing..that is what they ask of us, is it not?

Let's be honest here, how many all star parents THAT ARE NOT ON THE FIERCEBOARD, know the rules for cheer or even what the ages are? and Chad is right the owners should be aware and held accountable...the parents should be able to trust the gym to do the right thing..that is what they ask of us, is it not?
I agree and to think that there are gyms that think they are above the rules, is alarming. Every year I have a Kindergartener who thinks I could not possibly be talking to them about following the rules...the rest of the kids yes but not me.

Guess what the USASF is talking to you to...not just the rest of the gyms. LOL :p

Back