All-Star Get This!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That would be interesting to read. I've never seen a contract for cheer, or any youth sport for that matter.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I know of some incidents at a gym in northern California that involved locking underage athletes into a gym for multiple seasons... some of the athletes were technically minors so the contracts weren't valid because none of the parents would sign

I know of some incidents at a gym in northern California that involved locking underage athletes into a gym for multiple seasons... some of the athletes were technically minors so the contracts weren't valid because none of the parents would sign
Yikes. If you have to force a kid to stay for more than one season then you're obviously doing something wrong...

Wait why doesnt she just tell them that if they sue her then she'll go to the USASF. I mean I dont know any judge that would side with a plaintiff who is suing because the child did not want to cheat.

if i was your sister, i would just leave and let them try to sue. they wouldn't get anywhere.
and honestly, who wants to be at a gym that blatenly breaks the rules
If it isn't resolved she is. I have already given her the number to the USASF rep. It's just sad, my niece is just upset, they are very new to cheer. I wish I was closer. It'll work out, I have told her how to handle it and showed her all the advice on here. I told her, she is not the first, I have never understood contracts on minors either, but apparently some do and I am sure they are very nice and have no problems.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

If it isn't resolved she is. I have already given her the number to the USASF rep. It's just sad, my niece is just upset, they are very new to cheer. I wish I was closer. It'll work out, I have told her how to handle it and showed her all the advice on here. I told her, she is not the first, I have never understood contracts on minors either, but apparently some do and I am sure they are very nice and have no problems.

poor kid! hope it works out for them.

I think I may know what gym you are talking about. If it is the same one, they pulled this last year and I taught one of the illegal junior aged athletes. Ty also put an over 18 coach on the floor with a senior team last year as a fill in and were caught doing both. They don't care and will continue to do it.

What I don't understand is they come in last place most of the time, even when they don't get caught, so why bother cheating if it doesn't help you, and yes I know for a fact they are cheating. I was at the comp where they were disqualified because a 20 something coach was in the floor. They knew what they were doing.

Definitely keep us posted on this. Personally am curious if it goes to the USASF what they will or even can do beside ensure the children are on an age appropriate team. They are not in the business of running gyms.

As a side note, am wondering why your family member didn't ask for your help in choosing their next program? Not attacking or insinuating anything just thinking it could have potentially saved a lot of headache.

Definitely keep us posted on this. Personally am curious if it goes to the USASF what they will or even can do beside ensure the children are on an age appropriate team. They are not in the business of running gyms.

As a side note, am wondering why your family member didn't ask for your help in choosing their next program? Not attacking or insinuating anything just thinking it could have potentially saved a lot of headache.
She did. There are three gyms to choose from. When I closed, athletes went to all 3. I told her to go where she felt comfortable. I never thought this would have happened even with past experiences. I try to see good in everyone at all times. There are coaches, athletes and families there at this gym whom I think very highly of.

Being an optimist (at least most of the time) myself I can understand that answer but raises a different question which no matter how I try to word it will sound wrong. Do these coaches you think highly of participate in team placement and knowingly allow these illegal teams to be formed?

Being an optimist (at least most of the time) myself I can understand that answer but raises a different question which no matter how I try to word it will sound wrong. Do these coaches you think highly of participate in team placement and knowingly allow these illegal teams to be formed?
No! They are new and young. There was a change last year due to unfortunate circumstances. Not a problem before.

Latest posts

Back