OT Getting Back Into Cheer After An Injury

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 23, 2010
I have been searching for a similar thread but haven't found any, i apologize in advance if i have overlooked something.

I broke my collar bone about 8 weeks ago catching my flyer when she fell out of a rewind. We both went to the floor and landed on my shoulder. I had surgery and got a nail put in to fix the break. 2 weeks ago at a check up my orthopedist found out the nail broke, causing the bone to break in a second place and just basically deforming my shoulder. I had another surgery on monday to remove the one part of the broken nail and am out for another 8 weeks now instead of being able to go back to practice in October like i was originally told i would be able to.

Even though they said i should be able to go back in 8 weeks i am already thinking about how that will go. Has anyone of you had experiences with going back to stunting after a broken bone? Was it difficult? It's the first time i have broken anything so i have no idea what to expect. All i know is i am extremely frustrated and worried the pain might not go away or it could break again. So i would be thankful for any input whatsoever on the matter

We had an athlete go through a collarbone break and surgery last year, and I feel like it was several months before she was not feeling any pain in stunting (this was level 2) and even longer for her to feel confident in throwing her tumbling again (these had been fairly new skills to her before her break).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back