Getting My Jumps Higher

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well for your left/right hurdler and herkie as well as your toe touches, you can put your arms out in whatever motion they're supposed to hit and do high kicks to reach them. That just helps a lot with body position. When you're actually jumping you have to make sure that you really hit the floor and use your arms to swing. In toe touches be sure to roll your hips underneath you and your jumps will be higher. Oh and keeping your chest up makes jumps look a lot better too! I had this problem over the summer, but by doing this my jumps have gotten 1000 times better

We do the kick drills as well and we do something to strengthen:

Sit in a straddle with your back against a wall. Your hands are in front of you. Now lift your right leg and hold it 10 seconds. You can also left it as high as you can for 10 times without touching the ground. Repeat with your left. This is for toe touches, but you can do it with your legs to the front, too.

Working your abbs will help you with jumps, especially with pike.

And when doing Toe Touches, Pikes or Hurdlers i always tell my girls not just to keep their chest up, but also their chin. In pikes they always looked down to their feet and it is a better overall impression of the jumps when everyone has their head up.

To jump higher, we do T-Jump-Drills: First 1, then 2, then 3 and so on up to 10 in a row and back down to 1.
Try to stay as long in the air as you can, swing your arms and hit the T-Motion, then pull a little higher through your shoulders.

Important for better jumps is that you do this several times a week. Working on jumps two times a week for 10 minutes won´t bring you fast results.
Good luck!

Back