All-Star Gi Pros

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheermomforever

Cheer Parent
May 16, 2012
Did you guys see article about G.I. pros walking through their whole routine overs bad scoring. .. I saw it on Twitter and was wondering what was up . Thoughts?

Last edited:
Should scoring be transparent and does favoritism happen? Heck yes.

Would I be pi$$ed as all heck as a parent if I just paid for a flight, hotel, and comp fees just for my kids' coach to throw a hissy fit and make them lose? You bet.

Change in this "sport" needs to happen. Being petty isn't the way to do it.

Should scoring be transparent and does favoritism happen? Heck yes.

Would I be pi$$ed as all heck as a parent if I just paid for a flight, hotel, and comp fees just for my kids' coach to throw a hissy fit and make them lose? You bet.

Change in this "sport" needs to happen. Being petty isn't the way to do it.
Agreed. It's really just coming off as throwing a tantrum because you were losing by a point.

Little confused about what happend. I'm seeing things about scoring on twitter when I searched their name but nobody is clarifying. Mind filling me in?

While we may not agree with what they did, i have to give them props to have the guts to do something like that. Everyone complains about the scoring and nothing ever changes.
And knowing those coaches i am sure they had a meeting with parents before doing this and probably had their support.

Little confused about what happend. I'm seeing things about scoring on twitter when I searched their name but nobody is clarifying. Mind filling me in?
They were unhappy with their score so they marked their routine today.

I'm also seeing things about scoring bias? Wish I could see the sheets

Of course it's possible... but other than getting some teenagers and cheer anon twitters talking about them on social media, it accomplished nothing. The judges will happily give you your zero (or 20 pts for the dance and 1 basket), the EP will forget about you by their next event, Varsity won't even bat an eyelash, USASF does not care if they even take notice... so what was their end goal?

The kids on the team were clearly on board and I get the coaches wanting to fight for what they think their kids deserve... but you "fight" by asking for scoresheets, challenging scores, having respectful conversations with judges, and potentially take it to the coaches associations and fight for changes higher up. Take a step back and take off your bias-colored glasses. Sometimes life isn't fair. Teach your kids how to deal with that instead of how to stomp their feet for social media likes.

Of course it's possible... but other than getting some teenagers and cheer anon twitters talking about them on social media, it accomplished nothing. The judges will happily give you your zero (or 20 pts for the dance and 1 basket), the EP will forget about you by their next event, Varsity won't even bat an eyelash, USASF does not care if they even take notice... so what was their end goal?

The kids on the team were clearly on board and I get the coaches wanting to fight for what they think their kids deserve... but you "fight" by asking for scoresheets, challenging scores, having respectful conversations with judges, and potentially take it to the coaches associations and fight for changes higher up. Take a step back and take off your bias-colored glasses. Sometimes life isn't fair. Teach your kids how to deal with that instead of how to stomp their feet for social media likes.
Idk I feel like dismissing it with life's not fair dismissing the real issue of biased judging which has happend before in all star cheer.

Back