All-Star Gi Pros

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They actually got a fair number of 0s, but they got good technique scores in areas where they did something.
29571421_10156352881738993_4220983629120809393_n.jpg
Those comments are cracking me up. "Good energy in marks. Good timing of marks. TOSS has great height" lol

I feel bad for CJA as well, especially because people (not necessarily people associated with GI Pros) have brought up the "big/well-known gyms/teams are scored better" argument in regards to the protest, which makes it sound like CJA didn't earn their score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which brings me back to wishing people would actually sit back and look at the fact the scores were fairly consistent compared to other competitions this season.

which brings me back to wishing people would actually sit back and look at the fact the scores were fairly consistent compared to other competitions this season.

But, did they receive any feedback on how the score was achieved? I think that's their argument. I've seen big gym owners throw fits at the judges tables for this exact same reason.

But, did they receive any feedback on how the score was achieved? I think that's their argument. I've seen big gym owners throw fits at the judges tables for this exact same reason.
Pretty sure I read that the problem was they scored something like 1.2 lower from the score they got for the ultimate battle the night before and actually performing an even better routine.
And there might have been more issues also but I just remember seeing that.

Pretty sure I read that the problem was they scored something like 1.2 lower from the score they got for the ultimate battle the night before and actually performing an even better routine.
They also said when they sought to find out why, that's when they ran into the issue. The post said that they followed the proper channels for getting this info, and still nada.

An athlete on GI pros posted they scored a 96.1 at ultimate and day 1 was 95.87

Their score was .23 lower than the one they received at the Ultimate Battle. CJA's was .67 higher.

But CJA scores way lower in Dallas with dropped stunts just like this competition
CJA did not drop a stunt on Friday or Saturday. They had a couple minor issues Friday (tumbling omission, small pyramid bobble, a couple timing things) that help to explain their increase in score Saturday where they did not have these issues.

Me again - another question - would this 'protest' have been acceptable in other sports?

Think about it - Your kids baseball team gets a bad call and the other team scores without the umpire catching an error. The team decides that since the first 4 1/2 innings didn't go their way, they forfeit the last 4 1/5 innings. Would that be considered an appropriate protest? Your kids football team gets a bunch of bad calls (lots of players on the field, with a few judges who cannot possibly see everything, by the way) so they decide to forfeit the last half of the game. Your kids soccer team gets a bunch of bad calls and the other team gets an extra point as a result so the team forfeits the last half of the game.

As much as we may not like it, this is the way the sport is played TODAY. And much like many sports with judges/referees/umpires calls are going to get missed. YES, protest if you don't like it, but to intentionally forfeit is definitely unsportsmanlike.

Last edited:
Me again - another question - would this 'protest' have been acceptable in other sports?

Think about it - Your kids baseball team gets a bad call and the other team scores without the umpire catching an error. The team decides that since the first 4 1/2 innings didn't go their way, they forfeit the last 4 1/5 innings. Would that be considered an appropriate protest? Your kids football team gets a bunch of bad calls (lots of players on the field, with a few judges who cannot possibly see everything, by the way) so they decide to forfeit the last half of the game. You kids soccer team gets a bunch of bad calls and the other team gets an extra point as a result so the team forfeits the last half of the game.

As much as we may not like it, this is the way the sport is played TODAY. And much like many sports with judges/referees/umpires calls are going to get missed. YES, protest if you don't like it, but to intentionally forfeit is definitely unsportsmanlike.
The issue isn't that the coaches didn't like the bad call/score.
It was that they got no answers from the governing body when asked about the score. They were stonewalled. So they took action to be noticed by that governing body for making a mistake, from their POV.

Getting answers about scoring and judging shouldn't be a process.

It wasn't that they were scored lower, I believe it was because at the ultimate battle the were on .1 behind CJA and on day one that gap jumped to 1.2 point behind them. With both teams hitting again they were trying to figure out why such a big difference.

Getting answers about scoring and judging shouldn't be a process.

I can see this from both point of views. There are 18 categories on the score sheet between difficulty and technique where a team is scored. IMO, it is very easy to see how a score can drop or increase substantially by day or event just based on the fact that a .1-.2 drop or increase in 18 categories can make a huge difference in the total score. Another obvious, change up the judge panel and you change up the judge average. When judges are taking into consideration multiple variables (rotation, height, omissions, timing, spacing, energy, etc.) it's unreasonable, IMO, to think the score will stay the same with each performance when any of those variables can effect the overall impression. From the owners Facebook page explanation posted in the thread it only tells me he felt they hit better on Saturday and didn't understand the drop from being .2 behind on Friday to 1.2 behind on Saturday. IMO, if their score dropped dramatically in one or two categories without any visible issues or changes, they deserve an explanation. However, if a coach is disputing their score just for the fact it dropped 1 pt and is expecting a person to give a step by step explanation on a .1 or .2 drop on judge average in up to 18 categories that seems unreasonable. I don't know the circumstance, I can just see how it could go either way.

Back