High School Gifts/motivation For First Competition?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2009
Okay, so I'm looking to get/make my girls a little something special for their first competition. They have had a tough season with the flu going around, girls quitting and not having the ideal practice conditions. Their first competition is on Saturday. I would like to keep the budget under $100. So does anyone have any cute homemade ideas or know of websites to get cute little things for cheap? It doesn't have to apply to our mascot and colors (panthers, orange and black) but if you have any ideas for that, that would be great too!

For regionals my mom did our spirit gifts... Not sure if you have a little candy factory in your town but we do and my mom got us all little chocolate bars (probably like 2X3) that had our school mascot on them (like the same way that you would see the word "crunch" on a crunch bar, but a bruin) I can't find a pic, but it was really cute! If you have anything similar you could probably get something made in your school colors (chocolate covered pretzels with orange striping or something) if they can't do the school mascot...

Go to the dollar store and get some of those plastic tumblr cups with the straw and get a paint pen and write the girls name/or the team name on them in your school colors. Fill them with m&ms or other small candy! should be easy and cheap. i think the cups are 2.00,

do you pinterest? There are some great ideas on there.
One thing you can do is get some starbursts and put them in a clear cello bag flat. 3 rows of 3. Print out in card stock " I am bursting with pride for you" staple it to the top.
Or the cheer survival kit 8 items in a bag with a saying like: an elastic to remind you to stretch. Smiley face sticker to remind you to smile etc.....

My mom got us cookies for a national qualifier once. They were little mickey heads with out names and megaphones and uniforms which looked like ours. Not sure how much it all cost but it was adorable and everyone loved them. She bought them, not made them, just to make that clear (lol), so if you have a bakery (even the one inside grocery stores might do it) you should be able to get them done!

ETA: I'll see if I can find a picture of them

s2cwth.jpg

20tjsza.jpg

Here are the cookies BuegeSmalls mentioned

This might be a little bit harder, but if you can make bows, bow keychains! My highschool has these on their bags and it looks absolutely adorable. Although you might not have enough time, just an idea ;)

Do you have any inside jokes with the team. I always tell my girls they need to find they're cheering fairy for some pixie dust(they're in high school I don't know how this started) so for their first competition we got them little vials filled with glitter in their school colors and told them in was their pixie dust

Our Dollar Tree has metallic water bottles with a plastic loop at the top in lots of colors. I tied some ribbon to the loop, wrote her name/team name on the bottle with a sharpie, and put stickers on it. You could also put rice or rocks in it to make a shaker to cheer on your gym's other teams. (fun for the littler ones)

Back