All-Star Gk Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 5, 2010
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with their GK uniforms?

We purchased our GK uniforms towards the end of 2011 and worn them for our showcase just before christmas. They are Blue velvet material on the front with lots of diamontes as the logo. By the end of the showcase 5 of the girls diamontes had half fell off, so we only had half an S on the logo. These got sent back to be checked and restuck. In the meantime the rest of the uniform tops were about to be sent to us, so before they were sent, GK did a quality control check to ensure that the diamontes wouldnt come of the tops. I then recieved my top and thought i would try it at one of the training sessions before nationals in March. I put the top on did a standing tuck and somehow one diamonte came off, them whilst stunting almost all of them fell off. i had to them make it through nationals with half my diamontes off, then send it back to GK for them to be put back on.

I got my top back and jetted of to Florida for worlds. Day 1. just before i was about to walk ont he worlds floor in the Jostens one fo the other girls said your missing half your 'S' again. Then they called our team name out to go on the floor and compete. Needless to say a wasnt very impressed that they had fallen off again. Day 2. atleast 10 other girls had diamontes that had fallen off their tops.

On returnng back to the United Kingdom, i rang our UK rep and she said she ask the GK customer service person in America to email me rather than the rep in the UK, as she couldnt really help much (GK rep in the UK has been more than helpfull, and i cant thank her enough for trying her best). I sent and email to the lady in America from GK, explaining this was the 4th time that the diamontes had fell off, and our girls went ont he floor at worlds with half a logo on our uniform. Not a good look for GK i would say. I got a reply back saying to collect all the tops and send them back to GK in America for inspection. I did so, and also replied back to the email saying that we dont want the diamontes replacing again we want the problem solved, once and for all. Wether that mean redesigning the top again so the diamontes wer stuck to the lycra rather than velvet as we feel this is the problem. (it was mostly the bases which had diamontes falling off from trainers etc.) GK's didnt reply back.

2 weeks later GK rep in UK finally managed to get intouch with GK america lady and got her to reply to my email. Her response was they have restuck the diamontes onto the uniforms and have sent them back to the UK. She accused me of using fabric softener to wash my uniform and this is why the diamontes fell off. (they fell off before i even washed my uniform, i didnt wash it till i got back from worlds) so this definatly couldnt be the case. She also said with repetative wear the diamontes would come off after time. They fell off on first wear of the uniform, and we have only worn the 3 times since wearing them.

I have kept replying back to gk in america but they are just saying we have to expect this. So basically we havent had 1 competition since buying these uniform where there has been everyone on the team with a full logo.

I dont know what to do now, because we cant carry on like this, but cant obviously buy new uniforms as GK uniforms are a crazy amount of money in the first place.

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do next?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

We've never had this problem with GK unis. We've had girls maybe loose one or two rhinestones off the front but never the whole logo. One they other hand, ours are attached to the lyrca, not velvet, so maybe the adhesive didn't quite work. If you're able to I would go to a less expensive uniform company and try to order the same thing. I suggest the same company FAME Allstars use, they have velvet unis and their letters don't ever appear to be falling off

We've never had this problem with GK unis. We've had girls maybe loose one or two rhinestones off the front but never the whole logo. One they other hand, ours are attached to the lyrca, not velvet, so maybe the adhesive didn't quite work. If you're able to I would go to a less expensive uniform company and try to order the same thing. I suggest the same company FAME Allstars use, they have velvet unis and their letters don't ever appear to be falling off

Thanks, yeah i think its just that its on velvet thats the problem. But GK are saying that its not.

We thought of that. But then we have just wasted alot of money on these uniforms and the only option we have now is to just to another company. If we have to do this though we gonna have alot of angry parents on our hands :S

Maybe to save money but to have a better logo, keep the uniforms but find somewhere local to put on a new different logo...maybe without rhinestones.

Thanks, yeah i think its just that its on velvet thats the problem. But GK are saying that its not.

We thought of that. But then we have just wasted alot of money on these uniforms and the only option we have now is to just to another company. If we have to do this though we gonna have alot of angry parents on our hands :S

Have you considered asking GK for a refund? I don't know if they'd do it, but they were unable to provide a satisfactory product, not to mention the product you ordered and you're entitled to a refund, or at least a re-design

you purchased them from the rep in the uk? then you are covered by uk legislation... goods purchased should be fit for purpose and should be free from manufacturing defaults. (my mums a trading standards officer sucks but at least i know my consumer rights lol)

i do not think that gemming onto the velvet is an issue as our pom uniforms are half velvet and are gemmed, we did our ourself... well i did them lol! i used a wand and hotfix swarovskis and they are holding up really well!!
282994_420520721326065_2099484081_n.jpg

Yes. Majority of the crystals on my sisters uniform fell of (and yes my mother followed the washing instructions). In fact it happened to several uniforms in our program. We sent them back to GK at the end of the season.

Have a look at your Contract for Sale/Sale Agreement/Terms of Ordering etc. (it should be called something along those lines).. This should stipulate both your rights/obligations and theirs, what is the applicable legal jurisdiction and what remedies/recourse you may have. What they are doing is not right, imo.

I'm a GK Rep in the USA. I work with all the teams in Illinois and Wisconsin, which is quite a few. With the exception of maybe one stone - I have never had any complaints of stones coming off multiple uniforms in the same order. Im not too sure about any of the "international" aspects of GK. I have also never worked with velvet before with any of my customers. Sorry I can't be more help, but Im sure if you stay in contact with your UK Rep, she will get everything squared away for you.

The stones never came off of my uniform. I wish I could say the same for my former teammates' GK practice gear. The crystals just fell off left and right, and they couldn't keep them on the shorts to save their life.

my sister used to be a synchronized swimmer and one of her competition suits one year was velvet and my mom glued rhinestones on with E6000 glue and they stayed the whole season even being in the water

you purchased them from the rep in the uk? then you are covered by uk legislation... goods purchased should be fit for purpose and should be free from manufacturing defaults. (my mums a trading standards officer sucks but at least i know my consumer rights lol)

i do not think that gemming onto the velvet is an issue as our pom uniforms are half velvet and are gemmed, we did our ourself... well i did them lol! i used a wand and hotfix swarovskis and they are holding up really well!!
282994_420520721326065_2099484081_n.jpg
Off topic but these are beautiful.

Thanks everyone. Going to contact UK GK rep again, and possible ask for our money back. We got our tops back after GK in America sent them through quality control or whatever the call it where they check everything. And one of our girls has noticed that one jewel is missing off it. Yeah its only one jewel and i can stick that back on for comp. But thats not the point. Literally got it off the hanger it came on and the jewel was missing. Really sad these uniforms have not worked out as they are sooo pretty :(

Back