All-Star Glcc Has Lots Of Bids But Few Teams Going After Them In Detroit This Year.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 17, 2010
If you don’t get the bid you want this weekend then note that GLCC is giving 2 FP Cheer bids and 2 PP Dance to Worlds in Detroit March 17 & 18. With 3 wks to go, we only have 6 cheer & 6 dance teams registered in eligible divisions. That is the lowest number of bid teams registered for this event this close to the competition. Don't miss this opportunity to steal a chance to go to Worlds. See www.greatlakesspirit.com to get more information about the Showdown.

2 bids for cheer is not a lot....:) However I am guessing you will pick up a few more teams after this weekend once everyone sees who has gotten bids and decides what their realistic chances might be based on who is left without a bid. Wish you the best.

2 bids for cheer is not a lot....:) However I am guessing you will pick up a few more teams after this weekend once everyone sees who has gotten bids and decides what their realistic chances might be based on who is left without a bid. Wish you the best.

I'm sure they are taking into account the 6 at large. So....8 bids and 6 teams

Keep in mind that GLCC runs its main cheer hall with a max capacity of 170 teams. Right now we have 156 registered or planning to attend. That does not leave a lot a room for bid chasers. While it might be possible to squeeze a few more in over 170, registrations will likely get cut off. If you want to get one of these bids we recommend getting a registration in quickly. With COA and NCA this weekend you need to get your spot reserved. Whether there are only 6 teams competing for 6 spots or a little more, we cannot add more performance areas because of the level of production we use at our events. It’s first registered first served even if you think we are holding a spot for you so get your registrations in or risk hoping we can make room.

Not trying to be picky, but this could've been phrased better.. "If you want the OPPORTUNITY to get one of these bids.." This thread just screams "Bid Chasers"- sorry, but it does.. especially when you say something like what's above.

I think they're just trying to make it clear that there's not going to be a ton of room for later registering teams. The GLCC Showdown in Detroit is usually a huge competition, so I think they're just trying to make sure people understand that time is limited. GLCC is a class-act, and I think they just don't want to disappoint.

I think it's kind of sad that teams that could not win/earn a bid all season can be practically handed a bid at a competition that has more bids to give out than teams that are registered.
I have a feeling that they have more teams registered now. Since Cheersport and NCA are done teams that don't have bids secured could easily add this to the schedule. I would imagine that being one of the next big bid competitions after those two big nationals means that every year you don't get a large amount of teams until closer to the competition date.

Back