All-Star Going Pink For Breast Cancer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 28, 2009
So, with October upon us I know a lot of teams do special stuff for Breast Cancer awareness. Anyone want to share pictures or ideas that your program is doing?

We have a competition at the end of the month, so we considered doing pink bows. Anyone know where we can get super cheap ones? This will be out of my pocket as a surprise, so I don't want to spend $15/bow to only use one time. Or, any other cheap and cute ideas for competition?

If you're just using the bows one time you could just go & buy pink ribbon & make your own. If you don't know how to make any there's plenty of youtbe videos & different people that could help you learn how. :)

- Not sure what color your bows are currently, but you can tie a few layers of pink ribbon (from Michaels or whatever craft store) around just the center of your regular bows. Cheaper than getting one time use bows and easily cut off after without ruining your competition bows.
- Attach something pink around your backpacks/bags - pink feathers, pink bag tags, pink heart keychains (five below or the dollar store)

Also, Oriental Trading has an entire line of inexpensive Breast Cancer awareness stuff - bracelets, hats, etc. that you can incorporate into warm up wear.
www.orientaltrading.com/s3-mlp_1_cancerAwarenessFunnel.fltr?categoryFromSearch=true&rd=breast%20cancer

So, with October upon us I know a lot of teams do special stuff for Breast Cancer awareness. Anyone want to share pictures or ideas that your program is doing?

We have a competition at the end of the month, so we considered doing pink bows. Anyone know where we can get super cheap ones? This will be out of my pocket as a surprise, so I don't want to spend $15/bow to only use one time. Or, any other cheap and cute ideas for competition?
Hi, I have Plain pink bows for $5 or I have white 3" bows with the pink breast Cancer ribbon in rhinestones. I will add the pictures to my website this evening. you can email or call me.
cheerstones.net
[email protected]
(609) 306-6161.
Our High School team have bows that they reuse every year. The hand them for the events that they want to use them at like Homecomming parade, and homecomming game then the girls have to give them back after; so they have them for the following year.

33bfpds.jpg

woo! there we go... that is the shirt the Cheer Central Suns staff/athletes/kids will be wearing at our breast cancer walk this Sunday! So excited!!

I got way too excited about this thread lol..... My mom is currently fighting breast cancer and has her last chemo treatment on the 19 of oct. My team will be dressing up in pink and are going take pictures and sign encouragement cards encouraging people to keep fighting. I will be surprising my mom along with the entire chemo department of the hospital on the 19 with these encouragement cards that will be attached to a pink ballon and will each have a picture of my team. Its nothing big but will hopefully bring some light into people lives who are having a hard time fighting for their lives.

I got way too excited about this thread lol..... My mom is currently fighting breast cancer and has her last chemo treatment on the 19 of oct. My team will be dressing up in pink and are going take pictures and sign encouragement cards encouraging people to keep fighting. I will be surprising my mom along with the entire chemo department of the hospital on the 19 with these encouragement cards that will be attached to a pink ballon and will each have a picture of my team. Its nothing big but will hopefully bring some light into people lives who are having a hard time fighting for their lives.
As a survivor 4 years and counting! Yeah!......You will be surprised how much of a difference the simplest thought can make to someone. This sounds like a great idea and I am sure you and your team's efforts will brighten the dimmest spirit. Thank you! :cloud9:

My team is having a pink practice tonight for breast cancer awareness! I even did my nails to match:
2rm0cpd.jpg

For competition, you could make or buy pink bows, buy pink shoelaces or pink ribbon for shoelaces, paint everyone's nails pink, have everyone wear pink knee high socks (could look a little crazy on the floor but I've seen teams do it), or get pink cheer stickers/tattoos to wear for that competition.

We're getting pink ribbons, and poms for the football game. And apparently we are getting pink Packer jerseys too :)

my mom has a company called "Bow Pop Couture". She said she could do white 3'' grosgrain with a pink breast cancer ribbon for $9. We could get pink grosgrain too.

well its not cheering, but my brother has a pink chin strap for his football helmet :) also kickdblcj thats so awesome that she is almost done with chemo! I had an uncle with cancer so its a great feeling knowing that your loved ones have beaten in! Tosh way to beat it!!! That is awesome!!! :)

Back