All-Star Going To Worlds - Am I The Only Crazy One?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mommy2mygirls

Cheer Parent
Nov 3, 2010
Took my CP there last year to watch -- what an amazing time!! Now financially we really can't afford to go again this year so I find myself trying to figure out how I could get airline miles saved up, who I could share a room with - what if we drove - trying to think of anyway to get us back down there this year! I think this could become a problem! LOL

:))) i got all crazy by going last year, making a whole saving+diet plan to get there and I made it!
now im planning the same to go this year again. and i have some stuff that ill sell if i wont make it in the end. it was my best week ever!

If your a continental one pass member, whenever you need to buy anything but it online through the continental website. there are tons of online stores and that give you airmiles for every dollar you spend. My mom went to cheersport for free this year because she buys everything that she needs that she can though the continental website website.

ORRRR.... sign up for a new one pass credit card and you will get enough miles for a flight.

Well actually, i would figure out what airline has the biggest presence at your local airport and get a credit card for them.

Or perhaps instead of the airline card, you get a hotel card to earn points for free nights.

Heck, even disney has a reward card!

honestly, if you do it right, you can figure out a trip to worlds relatively cheap. mind you i say RELATIVE. lol worlds in and of itself screams bankruptcy for cheerleaders. but simple things like (well depending on where you're from, because it may be more expensive) but driving does make a difference. also, if you're a spectator, just get the ticket to get into worlds, no park passes. i know for nationals this year, i packed alot of snacks and stuff, and that saved me ALOT of money in the regards of food, because disney is so pricey. and think about the stuff you can save on at home. do you really need one more pair of flip flops? does CP really need a new comp bag every year, a tshirt at every single competition? things like that, make a HUGE difference. also maybe have a swear jar/bad habit jar. i swear by those. my mom was quitting smoking, and everytime she wanted to buy cigarettes, she had to put the money she'd spend on them in the jar. we ended up paying for a two week vacation for seven of us to disney with that money. if it's something you really want, you learn to make sacrifices :) this coming from the broke college student who didn't manage to save up enough money for worlds this year....

My sister and I were able to do this trip for 2 years now on quite an impressive budget (about $350 total a person). Get creative, and of course start saving. We stayed at the Destiny Palms in Kissimmee and althought it's nothing special, it's an excellent price, safe, about 7 minutes from WWOS and does the job for the weekend!

My amazing mom toke me last yar as a birthday suprise. even though we really couldnt afford it we managed to find a cheap but veryyy nice hotel about 10 minutes from world wide of sports called Hilton Grand Vacations Suites. Its very affordable, the workers are very accomidating, the mutiple pools were very nice, andd it was right across from sea world! ( i could deffinitly see Shamu from my hotel window!) and fo airfair, we found a very cheap both way flight with airtran that got us to orlando at about 9 friday night. Everything about that trip was amzing! hope ur able to go again! :cheering:

your not crazy at all. i booked my flight the night before i left this year, like literally 7 hours before i left for dallas. SO EXPENSIVE and ill never book last minute again. But the weekend was magical and its literally the best weekend of each year. Nothing is better then being surrounded by people who love something as much as you! I plan on going each year and im already saving up

Back