All-Star Great Hip Hop Routine

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just posted this to a friends wall. They did a very similar routine for America's Got Talent, and boy do they ever!

Its good, but... Wheres the dancing?
I follow the all star hip hop world 'cause my sister is on my gyms hip hop team and... this team is definitely good, but not much dancing.... IMO.
Oh gawsh, that sounds really snooty... D: I didnt mean it in a snooty way. Its just that I was waiting for like... the hardcore dancing to kick in XD lol. I feel like they could have more dancing with such a great team!

They are amazing - and from the DC area!! Great talent, but I agree on the dancing. They have such perfected isolations though, the body movement and sharpness to their moves is unreal. Props to their coach and choregorapher as well!

Its good, but... Wheres the dancing?
I follow the all star hip hop world 'cause my sister is on my gyms hip hop team and... this team is definitely good, but not much dancing.... IMO.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I think it was really good, really in sync, but it didn't seem like hip hop to me. I kept waiting for them to break out into some really hardcore dancing...and they never did. I'm sorry - I'm sure I'm in the vast minority judging from how many times this dance has popped up on my Facebook feed, but I just don't think it's very hip hoppy.:(

I know this is the all star board, but holy cow! A high school team.

West Springfield Dance Team Large Varsity Hip Hop Prelims 2012

BlueCat.....that was just nastifyingly sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible Choreo!!!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I think it was really good, really in sync, but it didn't seem like hip hop to me. I kept waiting for them to break out into some really hardcore dancing...and they never did. I'm sorry - I'm sure I'm in the vast minority judging from how many times this dance has popped up on my Facebook feed, but I just don't think it's very hip hoppy.:(
The majority of all-star hip hop teams don't "dance" either. There are a few programs who still do though. Our teams have been told all season by the judges "best dance group we've seen." Because no one dances anymore. It's all about the theatrics, the level changes, the amount of kids and the movements they do, but not the dancing. But if you watch ABDC, it's the same thing. It's theatrics and the wow factor.

Back