OT Greek Organizations Should Be Banned From Recruiting Based On Appearance!

• Thread starter Deleted member 46469
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
D

Deleted member 46469

Crazy Leaked Sorority Email Demands Spanx, No Glasses and Absolutely No Wavy Hair From Its Members | E! News

original-14624-1421429025-10.jpg

I think we should work toward a more compassionate society! In High School I didn't limited my socialization to just one group of students! I wanted to be everyone's friend! During lunch I socialized with all groups. I wanted to be everyone's friend! I would never exclude someone based on their appearance!

So what do you think? Would college students be more compassionate if Greek Organizations were forbidden from choosing students based upon appearance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy Leaked Sorority Email Demands Spanx, No Glasses and Absolutely No Wavy Hair From Its Members | E! News

original-14624-1421429025-10.jpg

I think we should work toward a more compassionate society! In High School I didn't limited my socialization to just one group of students! I wanted to be everyone's friend! During lunch I socialized with all groups. I wanted to be everyone's friend! I would never exclude someone based on their appearance!

So what do you think? Would college students be more compassionate if Greek Organizations were forbidden from choosing students based upon appearance?

As someone in a Greek organization I am going to leave it at this- Substantial organizations don't recruit based on appearance either way.

With that being said, the article you posted is from 2013, your anecdote is unrelated, and the conclusion you drew from the article is pretty preposterous. Every organization on a campus will be different, but Greek women are generally empowered through their experiences and one another. If they weren't they would drop their chapters. Also, most sororities are built on ideals that foster compassion already. So IMO no, your entire thread is off base and ignorant of what sorority life is and how recruitment works, and I truly hope there are no future college freshman who are turned off from rushing by reading your statements.

And, in fairness, this is one week when they’re trying to put their best face forward. It’s kind of like everyone on a cheer team using the same eyeshadow colors, hairstyle, and wearing the same uniform. Or wearing a conservative suit, hose, and a neat updo if you’re in investment banking.

Back