All-Star Groin Pains

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 18, 2009
I wanted to see if anyone on here has ever strained or pulled their groin ? I believe I have....well I know i have done something to it. I am having the hardest time walking, sleeping & sitting. Plus my shins have been killing me too for the past 3 days.

What exactly can I do to help heal it faster? I have practice tomorrow for the first time this year and im going to go crazy if i cant do anything....considering aca is next week. I will never do Insanity without stretching & not wearing shoes again... :(

Ice, heat, Aleve. That's why helped me! And make sure you stretch it well before doing anything. It will hurt for a while but it will get better if you continue to rest it as much as you can:)

I use to pull/strain my groin all the time doing jumps and oddly back handsprings. Ice, heat, and rest are the best things. Groin injuries are something that you cant just rush and are extremely hard to push through. They will not heal if you keep aggravating it so just take it easy.

My friend did, she went to the trainer and got it wrapped for practice. I'm pretty sure I remember her telling me that the trainer said no ice, heat only.

Yes I think it is heat before and ice after, and usually groin injuries are a result of pulling muscles. Gently stretch and rest. If its severe see a dr because you don't want to develop a hernia. Happened to my hubby and he had to have surgery. Anti inflammatory meds too.

Back