Group Assisted Rewind In Ioc5?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just wondering if a group rewind was legal in International Open Coed Level 5? I don't remember seeing it often so I'm curious! @imrichhowboutu @RulesGuy

You are going to have to be more descriptive to get a useful answer.

I know of 2 thing that people call rewinds, one being a back flip to a stunt, the other being a twist from a stunt to a sponge. The twisting one is legal in L5. The flipping one needs someone holding on to the top girl.

Sorry, yes I mean the flyer is standing on the ground, both bases have a hand on her thigh and her back and the back holds her hands while the throw her up and she tucks! Thank you!

Sorry, yes I mean the flyer is standing on the ground, both bases have a hand on her thigh and her back and the back holds her hands while the throw her up and she tucks! Thank you!

Where is the stunt being caught, Sponge, Prep Level, or Extended Level?

It would be legal in L4 and up as long as the back (or anyone) holds on to the top until they are in the sponge.

It would be legal in L4 and up as long as the back (or anyone) holds on to the top until they are in the sponge.

other than needing a 7 foot tall back spot is there any legal reason you can't hold a back spot's hand and do a rewind to extended?

other than needing a 7 foot tall back spot is there any legal reason you can't hold a back spot's hand and do a rewind to extended?

I can't find anything to make it illegal. You definitely could if you had 3 bases/spotters + 1 flyer + 1 bracer because it would fall under pyramid rules.

I can't find anything to make it illegal. You definitely could if you had 3 bases/spotters + 1 flyer + 1 bracer because it would fall under pyramid rules.
you would need 2 bracers at 4, but I guess the thread was about 5
But if you are creative and your kids are talented/strong enough you could pull off the same rewind to the top effect at level 2 with the right bracers and being inverted before you leave the ground.
or you could do a one arm rewind while using the other hand to hold the flyers hand at 4 as long as you have spotter for when you get extended

Back