All-Star Gssa, Wsf, Bubt, American Grand Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

to be honest, all of your posts make you seem like a bitter fan. not everyone is gonna agree with the judges and this happens a lot, but please just let black ops enjoy their bid.

I would say upset not bitter but whatever. I completely understand why gssa chose black ops for the full paid bid. And I have no problem with black ops having the bid as well as enjoying it. But in the same sense we need to let American enjoy their win. Not have people come on here and say the only reason American won is because of a penalty. Which we don't even know if that's true or not. But that's not the point, a win is a win. Following the rules and not getting safety violations is just as important as hitting your routine.

If you go back a couple pages to where this all started I was just updating people on the competition results, because that's what this thread was for, and that American won the division but black ops got the paid bid. And the reason for that was because gssa does EP's choice, not highest score. I was just clarifying it so people would understand how gssa awards their bids. That's all I said and then people came in and where like "oh black ops got a penalty so that's why they lost the division...." So why can't American just enjoy their win?

Also if you look back I said I'm not only talking about this situation at gssa this past weekend. I feel like this happens everytime a team beats cali, not just level 5, 1-4 also. I live in Cali and go to a lot of competitions out here so I hear/read about this stuff all the time. This was just the last thing I could take.

But anyways rant over. Congrats again to Black Ops on the paid bid to worlds and congrats American on your win at gssa this weekend.

I would say upset not bitter but whatever. I completely understand why gssa chose black ops for the full paid bid. And I have no problem with black ops having the bid as well as enjoying it. But in the same sense we need to let American enjoy their win. Not have people come on here and say the only reason American won is because of a penalty. Which we don't even know if that's true or not. But that's not the point, a win is a win. Following the rules and not getting safety violations is just as important as hitting your routine.

If you go back a couple pages to where this all started I was just updating people on the competition results, because that's what this thread was for, and that American won the division but black ops got the paid bid. And the reason for that was because gssa does EP's choice, not highest score. I was just clarifying it so people would understand how gssa awards their bids. That's all I said and then people came in and where like "oh black ops got a penalty so that's why they lost the division...." So why can't American just enjoy their win?

Also if you look back I said I'm not only talking about this situation at gssa this past weekend. I feel like this happens everytime a team beats cali, not just level 5, 1-4 also. I live in Cali and go to a lot of competitions out here so I hear/read about this stuff all the time. This was just the last thing I could take.

But anyways rant over. Congrats again to Black Ops on the paid bid to worlds and congrats American on your win at gssa this weekend.
I completely get what your saying but at the end of the day black ops are the current world champs so I guess it's kind of all eyes on them. The fact they had a huge penalty is obviously going to be a huge factor! I wouldn't want anyone on American to feel like people think they didnt deserve it. And this is one comp I'm sure they will have plenty of chances to get that paid in the next few months!

Has anyone heard about the Summit bids from WSF? I know UA Jacks got the paid for level 3, otherwise I've heard nothing and would love to know!

WSF:
Level 1- At Large: Stingrays Rose and Team Illinois Cheer Green Shine
Level 2 - PAID: Stingrays Red AL: Cheer Extreme Jr2, Stingrays Pink, Team Illinois Cheer Jr2
Level 3- PAID: Ultimate Athletics Jacks. AL-Stingrays Scarlet, Stingrays Lime, American Elite Bravo
Level 4 - PAID: Team Illinois Small Sr 4 AL: ICE Superfreeze Ultimate Athletics Divinity
Level 5 - PAID: Stingrays Green AL: Cheer Extreme Small Jr X, Cheer Extreme Sr Open 5, ICE Illinois Unity

American Grand:
PAID: The California All Stars - S4 - L4 Senior, The California All Stars - Shimmer - L2 Small Youth
At Large: Desert Elite Mavericks - Lady Teal - L3 Junior Small Gym, Xtreme All Stars - Legacy - L4 Senior Small Gym, The California All Stars - Cali FAB - L5, Small Sr Restricted , The California All Stars - Steel - L2 Large Junior, Pacific Coast Magic - Soldiers of Enchanted - L3 Large Sr , The California All Stars - Black Jacks - L4 Sr Small Coed

J2 awards were supposed to start at 8, but dance awards didn't end until 8:10. The kids still had to wait around until 8:30 for J2 awards to start. We thought they said they were waiting for a deduction sheet, but it was so hard to hear the announcer I could have misunderstood him. Before our awards started they announced that the next awards were pushed back until 9:30. Of course if you showed up on time for those awards you wouldn't have heard that announcement.
the sound was horrible in there awards section...I was like "what did he say? what team was announced?"

I watched about 12 teams surrounding cp's team and twice, because of bad falls, the music was stopped and the announcer stated those teams would be able to come back and compete prior to their awards ceremony. Cp's team awards were supposed to begin at 6:30 PM and they began close to 7:00 PM. The good news: WSF has made safety a priority for our kids and isn't taking chances. The bad news: It is finals week for the majority of those kids and many couldn't fly out on Monday for that reason and were traveling all night long. Perhaps the EP's of WSF could consider competing by age level vs skill level and try to get the HS age kids out of awards by 5 or 6 PM if this is going to be the ongoing weekend of choice. Otherwise, it was our first year at WSF and we really enjoyed it!
and perhaps change it back to the weekend prior...last year in Indy it was a weekend earlier.

Am I the only one that thinks cheerleading is so political. Its never going to be fair until judges aren't on someone's payroll

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Errrrr... I would hope the judges are on *someone's* payroll. You can't seriously be suggesting that the sport would somehow be more legitimate with a completely voluntary pool of judges.

If, instead, you are suggesting that judges be made up of a cadre of professional, well-trained individuals paid (well!) through some sort of standardized judging organization (rather than the current mess of EPs paying judges and, therefore, at least allowing for the possibility of EPs influencing outcomes), well, then, I'm with you.

I didn't see any of the teams, but someone did send me the score sheets that showed the level 5 division. The first one they sent showed Black Ops outscoring American on Day 1. The next one they sent showed a rescored Black Ops (from Day 1) and Black Ops outscoring American on Day 2. Apparently the judges reviewed the video late on Saturday night or early Saturday morning (I am not sure what time or what prompted them to) and rescored for the penalty because points were taken off Black Ops Sat score when you looked at the new score sheet on Sunday.

Regardless, the combined scores of the rescored Saturday and (non rescored) Sunday put American ahead of Black Ops and made them the Medium Coed 5 champions. Congrats to American on 1st place and an at large bid! Congrats to Black Ops on a paid bid! From what I hear both teams were amazing! Medium Coed is going to be a great division this year!

I didn't see any of the teams, but someone did send me the score sheets that showed the level 5 division. The first one they sent showed Black Ops outscoring American on Day 1. The next one they sent showed a rescored Black Ops (from Day 1) and Black Ops outscoring American on Day 2. Apparently the judges reviewed the video late on Saturday night or early Saturday morning (I am not sure what time or what prompted them to) and rescored for the penalty because points were taken off Black Ops Sat score when you looked at the new score sheet on Sunday.

Regardless, the combined scores of the rescored Saturday and (non rescored) Sunday put American ahead of Black Ops and made them the Medium Coed 5 champions. Congrats to American on 1st place and an at large bid! Congrats to Black Ops on a paid bid! From what I hear both teams were amazing! Medium Coed is going to be a great division this year!

Ok cool. Like I said from the beginning congrats to black ops on the bid and congrats to American for first place. All I was trying to do was clarify for people that gssa chooses who gets their paid bids, they don't go off of division winners or highest score. And that's fine because that is their choice. I am a big fan of American cheer, I have been for years, but I was never trying to say American should have gotten the bid over black ops. I think both teams look great and they will both represent the state of California very well in the medium coed division at worlds.

Congrats again and good luck to both for the rest of the season.

Dang I've been paying the wrong people?!
I was simply reading other people's post complaining how bids are handed out and that's what popped into my head. I've seen the sport of cheerleading evolve a lot over the last 10yrs. I think the push to make this a legitimate sport has created a lot of positive changes. But I still think there are politics involved some of the time with some of the decisions made at comps. As long as the world revolves around $, the sport of cheerleading will revolve around $ and there will be politically motivated decisions. Maybe if the judges weren't on the EP's payroll the sport would be more fair. I'm not cynical, I am a realist. This is life. Life is not fair. If you sign up for this sport, it is not always going to be fair.

I Maybe if the judges weren't on the EP's payroll the sport would be more fair.

Cheer is a youth club sport. Most youth club sport competitions require the host to provide & pay for the officials. That's what some of our meet, comp, or tournament fees cover.

Someone has to pay the judges for their work. If the EP doesn't pay them who will?

Back