All-Star Gym Conflict

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 25, 2017
So I'm in a bit of a conflict I took this past season off from Allstar cheer because it was my freshmen year I wanted to make sure I could handle everything now I really want to go back to the Allstar world for the coming season but I have a problem with what gym to go to. The gym I went to my last season was a small gym I loved the coach and girls there but we were not that good and they have gotten worse sense. The gym I was at all my previous years I had to leave due to a falling out with a certain coach and the owner being depressed and staying drunk he wouldn't even come watch us compete now they gym has a new owner who was a head coach before and the coach that I had a problem with was fired i really miss my teammates are certain coaches but don't know if I should go back because they are getting bought out by a big gym and I don't want everyone to think that's why I want to come back there. I'm just at a loss almost every time I see picture of my old teammates at competition I break down in tears because I miss it that bad but I don't know what gym I should go to and if I don't decided by tryouts I will have to sit another season out and I'm close to aging out I want to enjoy it while I can somebody please help me decide what I should do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every gym is going to have its share of challenges and problems if for not other reason than they run by humans. Relationships always take work, you can't expect one place or another to be a perfect answer. If you get joy from doing this sport, go with the place that gives you joy to be there. Coaches respond to athletes who want to be there and put in the work, results happen when bonds are strong. Even small gyms can do great things. Good luck

Every gym is going to have its share of challenges and problems if for not other reason than they run by humans. Relationships always take work, you can't expect one place or another to be a perfect answer. If you get joy from doing this sport, go with the place that gives you joy to be there. Coaches respond to athletes who want to be there and put in the work, results happen when bonds are strong. Even small gyms can do great things. Good luck

Thank you so much for this! I'm just scared with the small gym being shut down they only had 8 girls 1 boy and I've been to a gym in that past the shut down mid-season definitely don't wanna go through that again! But I will definitely take your advice!!

I would not worry at all about people thinking you are going back because the gym is being bought out. So what? You cheer where you want to cheer! Good Luck to you!

Simple answer talk to your parents. Go to several clinics at both if you want and can afford it. Let them find out the finances (big gyms can equal big money so your parents should have a big say as well). See how each feels and if financially able try out at both and see which works best. But 100% best advice sit down with your parents and talk to them about it. They may have more insight on the adult issues in a gym or the business side. My kids and I really sat down and weighed the pros and cons when we made a switch and having each others view really helped in the decision making process.

I would not worry at all about people thinking you are going back because the gym is being bought out. So what? You cheer where you want to cheer! Good Luck to you!

Sometimes a gym needs a buyout. Programs can be good, environments can be good but sometimes the constraints of being a small name gym can leave you stagnant. I was at a program that I loved, I still love, and when it got brought out it thrived, and really breathed new life into the place. Girls that left came back because things were finally working, and all the good things they liked stayed in tact.

I don't want everyone to think that's why I want to come back there.
You don't owe anyone an explanation! You're there for your own reasons and no one else's opinion matters, unless they're paying your bills. Have a great season wherever you choose to go!

Go where you want to go! You don't need to offer any explanations and don't worry about hurting feelings. Just decide what is best for you. You may want to try a written process too. Make a worksheet and write down the pros and cons of each choice. Then count up the pros and cons for each gym. Sometimes seeing it written down before your eyes can be very helpful! Good luck! I have a feeling you are going to have a great season!

Go wherever your heart leads you. There will be tons of kids who come back to gym just because of the large gym buyout and that is ok. Go where you will be happy and most successful.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back