All-Star Gym Hopping

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SAME! I've been cheering for 7 years amd have never won a nationals. Didn't win this year either but ill take 2nd at NCA and cheersport any day. Plus my team went through more this year than what a lot of teams go through. We replaced over 20 kids in the season and never competed the same roster for more than 1 comp.
Hmmmmmmmm.....,,sounds familiar

SAME! I've been cheering for 7 years amd have never won a nationals. Didn't win this year either but ill take 2nd at NCA and cheersport any day. Plus my team went through more this year than what a lot of teams go through. We replaced over 20 kids in the season and never competed the same roster for more than 1 comp.

20?!?! Dang! We've only every replaced one or two but due to injuries!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It is a very difficult topic to discuss, that is why there are so many people bashing "gym hoppers" on here, but since everyone is posting there opinion i will respectfully post mine.... I feel that many athletes who go to many different gyms in a course of 3 years etc. is a bit extreme. BUT! If an athlete is outgrowing their gym, or not enjoying their gym, and/ or wants a new experience, they should be allowed to leave or go to another gym because in the end, which this is what it all comes down to, the athlete and the parent(s) are the consumers and the gyms, like it or not have to realize that. the athlete pays the gym for a service which is to teach them how to cheer. once the service is finished, you may go elsewhere with your money. it may be selfish, but with your own money sometimes you have to be selfish. Cheer is a lot of money and if i was not enjoying it, i wouldn't want my parents to pay as much as they do for something i'm not enjoying.

Im going to give yall a scenario to keep in mind

You go to the grocery store and decide to try pickles cause you have never tried them, when you get there you buy store brand pickles and end up loving them. but then the next time you go to the store you buy name brand pickles and like them even more. with that in mind answer these questions
1.) should you be forced to buy store brand pickles because they were the first ones you tried?
2.) should people call you a pickle brand hopper cause you bought the name brand pickles?
3.) Would you buy the name brand pickle?

it is the same scenario as cheerleaders. Cheerleaders ARE THE CONSUMERS. upset cheer gyms are store brand pickles:p:cheering:

Back