All-Star Gym Secret Meanings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sometimes I think those things find you rather than being made up. We've had a catch phrase since year one because a coach said something hilarious on FB before our gym's first competition and someone not affiliated with our program that didn't "get" us, totally lost it and blew it all ridiculously out of proportion. They made such a complete fool of themselves the only thing they ensured was that the catch phrase STUCK for all eternity.

MFM3
Mo Falls Mo Treces (sp?)
TPS
Tan, Party, Succed
just some saying my team has had over the years

Oh and we called everyone babe, or burger.

...burger?
Lmao, yes! When my family went on vacation my brother told us this story about how him and his friends would just call each other burger or babe to see the weird look people would give them. So naturally my entire family decides to call each other either that all vacation long. Then we get back and my sisters and I keep saying it at practice and it just kind of stuck lol. We nicknames the little freshman on the team "slider" hahahha

The cross country team at my school had one- YCGWYEG- Your car goes where your eyes go, meaning that you continually get closer and closer to the destination or goal where you fix your eyes. (link below explains it a little)
Your Car Goes Where Your Eyes Go « Feel Great Coaching

Another popular one, especially with runners but also many other athletes, is 212. 212 degrees F is the boiling point of water, which produces steam, which can power a train. It just takes that one little extra degree from 211 to unleash the power you're capable of.
212° the extra degree® | GiveMore.com

The football team at my school had one- ETW, PTW, WIN, meaning expect to win, prepare to win, win (I think it was in that order but I'm not sure).

Oh another one my team had was "one team, one tribe" because our mascot was the indians. It was a voice over and there were certain motions that went with it.

I did find out what cheer athletics' meant, but it was kind of lackluster. obviously not for the kids in the program, but for me, because even though I know the words, I don't know the meaning, emotion, and feeling behind them. So, I don't really recommend going searching for that answer, it will never mean as much to you as it does to them.

Sidenote though, I still really just want to know what PUCG means.. only because all possible acronyms I have come up with for those letters are completely ridiculous.

Back