OT Gymnastic World Championship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
However, I am ready for Lauren Hernandez to bump to senior and kill it. Yes please. She got third at the junior worlds, and she is just unreal power. She is what I think Simone kinda is, but she's better at it somehow if that makes sense.
Yesssssss, I love Lauren! Her floor is one of my favorite's!

Also, I heard Katelyn Ohashi isn't training anymore? Or that she's training Level 10 instead of Elite? I don't think anything's been confirmed, but that's what I've heard via Tumblr. Which is basically where I learn everything gymnastics related, lol.

Also, anyone know where Sarah Finnegan has been? I loved her in 2012 and at Trials and I haven't heard anything from her since.

Also, anyone know where Sarah Finnegan has been? I loved her in 2012 and at Trials and I haven't heard anything from her since.
coming back from injury (elbow I think)

Wait... you all don't like Mustafina's eye makeup but no one said anything about poor Ferlitto with her tragic pink and blue eye shadow and matching snap clips.
Oh no. That's tragic as all get out. But she's so irrelevant and disappointing to me...and apparently racist that she's not worthy of my opinion. She can have a seat in the back.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

This. A thousand times this. She's my favorite "up and comer" I think. So excited to see her future. Bailie Key is a good little thing too, I just like Hernandez' personality and gymnastics style more.

I think bailie key is peaking too soon and will burn out by rio. she's phenomenal, medaled in all 4 events in Jesolo, 3 being gold and taking the all around - but can she really keep that up for 3 more years? ohashi is great and we could use her high beam scores, TBH but I don't think she'll be around come too either

I love ohasho and we coul

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

They also called Yao Jinnan a man on that list... Oops. I tweeted buzzfeed and the author a few hours ago about it, but it still hasn't been corrected. Not that she would ever see it, but so many gymnasts have body image issues because of their musculature and I feel so bad for this poor girl being called a boy, even if it was an honest mistake

The Fierce Board App!

Is anything going to happen to Carlotta after she made those remarks? I know in other sports (im using british football as an example) they get 3/4 match bans for racist comments on the pitch.

Is anything going to happen to Carlotta after she made those remarks? I know in other sports (im using british football as an example) they get 3/4 match bans for racist comments on the pitch.
Just reading through some comments on her video some Italian speakers say they don't hear her say the racist remarks, which is interesting. You can tell by her demeanor that she's clearly upset though and they said she does make comments about Americans and Russians being over scored.

Just reading through some comments on her video some Italian speakers say they don't hear her say the racist remarks, which is interesting. You can tell by her demeanor that she's clearly upset though and they said she does make comments about Americans and Russians being over scored.
I don't know what to believe! I googled it and there's only a couple of random pages that have articles about it. I think there would be a lot more major articles if it was true :/

I don't know what to believe! I googled it and there's only a couple of random pages that have articles about it. I think there would be a lot more major articles if it was true :/

She definitely said it and knows she made a lot of people mad because she apologized on twitter. Racism is outrageous in Italy, especially in recent years because of migrant workers coming over from Northern Africa. In the grand scheme of things I don't see anything major happening to her. She won't lose fans of her show because plenty of Italians feel the same way and I doubt anything will happen to her in gymnastics because Italy isn't deep enough talent-wise to replace her based on ridiculous comments alone. And that's really sad and messed up.

The Fierce Board App!

I doubt anything will happen to her in gymnastics because Italy isn't deep enough talent-wise to replace her based on ridiculous comments alone. And that's really sad and messed up.
The Fierce Board App!

Could the international board for gymnastics not do anything? (If there is one, not the most knowledgeable on gymnastics)
It would be awful if she just "got away" with saying that just because she was pissed off. I know you can get caught up in the heat of the moment but what she said was horrible!

Carlotta Ferlito @CarlottaFerlito
I want to apologize with the Americans girls. I didn't want to sound rude or racist. I love Simone and I'm a huge fan of USA gymnastics.

Carlotta Ferlito @CarlottaFerlito
I've made a mistake, I'm not perfect, I was too nervous and I didn't think about what I was saying. I'm just a human. I'm so so sorry.

Here's a rough translation of her interview:

"The two americans did two disgusting exercises, but Ross didn't, well she deserved her medal but Biles did the worst routine i have ever seen from her and she made the podium because the U.S filed an inquiry" said Carlotta " We are off the podium because the Americans will always have their inquiry accepted and the judging are always found in their favor. After awhile it makes you angry."
Carlotta blamed being second to perform on beam for getting a low D score "Had i performed last, my score would have been higher". But when the interview pointed out that her routine had mistakes, she said " Everyone wobbled, Biles was about to hit her head against beam. Biles won because she is an all around champion, because she does a full in dismount,because let’s not compete anymore,because they always win,because it’s USA."
Carlotta said that although Vanessa is as angry as her but she at least got her redemption and won silver on floor." I mean i’m happy after all because i’m the 5th best beam worker in the world and i have improved from qualifications and i’m at something like a tenth from the 3rd placer,but Vanessa is even closer to her,so when you understand that it’s painful.After all i’m still happy because i performed the way i wanted but to always be underscored this way, it must stop".

WOGymnastike: Carlotta Ferlito Furious At Simone's Third Place In Beam Final

Back