All-Star Gyms Banning Athletes??

• Thread starter Deleted member 11199
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

WTH? We don't have Whataburger or In-N-Out or Krystal or Chik-fi-let....we don't even have Wawa's in North Jersey? We do have White Castle which I can eat one and be good for a year. I need to move. We have Mcdonalds...eh, Burger King ...gross, Subway...meh, and Wendy's.... I only like their chocolate Frosty. I feel so deprived.:(

WTH? We don't have Whataburger or In-N-Out or Krystal or Chik-fi-let....we don't even have Wawa's in North Jersey? We do have White Castle which I can eat one and be good for a year. I need to move. We have Mcdonalds...eh, Burger King ...gross, Subway...meh, and Wendy's.... I only like their chocolate Frosty. I feel so deprived.:(

Wawa's slowly making its way up to northern NJ. Right now there are a few in the central jersey area.

I don't know where you live but in Paramus Park Mall there is the only Chik-fil-a I have ever seen in the state!

All our little state can boast about is awesome diners, bagels, and Taylor ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches.

You should get The Fierce Board App!

I was asked earlier why I hadn't posted in this thread by now. So, I guess I will. Although it has not been actually said to us, I am sure CP & I are banned from our former gym. I won't go into details about our experience (some already know) but I will share something that happened the year prior to us leaving that I, myself, witnessed.

Comp season, everyone is stressed and tensions are high. Some athletes on CP's team were not throwing their required skills. Although the coach is a hothead and often says things out of anger, I do understand how frustrating this would be.

One practice he yelled "if your not going to throw your BHS, you're off the team". Needless to say, one young girl didn't throw it. He screamed at her "get out of here". And yes, I was in the gym and saw it all go down.

After hearing of a heated discussion going on in the parking lot between the mother (not a SM's) and another parent, he proceeds to go outside and join in. At one point he tells the parent (yes, I'm witnessing all this too) "I never said she was kicked off the team!" I was somewhat shocked by that comment, but I do understand some people say things in anger they don't mean or remember. Needless to say, the mom had had enough and took her CP home, never to return.

A year later, she came to the gym to sell her CP's old uni, she heard many were looking for used ones and she needed the money for the new gyms uni. She was dropping it off and was in the parking lot chatting with me and a few other parents. She said nothing bad about the gym, and did say how her CP missed it and her friends. Owner/coach comes storming out of the gym and tells her to get off his property (not that nicely). She tried to explain why she was there and he said he didn't care.

Needless to say, this is why I am sure CP and I are banned. Fortunately, CP would quit before she had to go back there, so it's a moot point for us.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone An Apple a Day Keeps the Android Away

San Francisco. Only for a quick couple days. Tagging along on my sister's vacation. So too far for you. :( But I will most likely be at worlds finally with @Mamarazzi and @cupieqt

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
So I'm super late to the party, but if you're staying in San Francisco and you're actually staying in the city, the In N Out you're by is gonna be suuuuuuper busy because it's the only one that's in SF and it's right across the street from Fisherman's Wharf and a few blocks away from Pier 39/Ghirardelli Square. Tourists galore. And I'm not sure what you're doing in SF, but bring a jacket. Even though it's summer and it's California, SF is an exception and it gets cold when the fog rolls in. If you need any recommendations of what to do in the city, let me know! I like to consider myself an SF native, even though I live an hour north I spend a lot of time there!

So I'm super late to the party, but if you're staying in San Francisco and you're actually staying in the city, the In N Out you're by is gonna be suuuuuuper busy because it's the only one that's in SF and it's right across the street from Fisherman's Wharf and a few blocks away from Pier 39/Ghirardelli Square. Tourists galore. And I'm not sure what you're doing in SF, but bring a jacket. Even though it's summer and it's California, SF is an exception and it gets cold when the fog rolls in. If you need any recommendations of what to do in the city, let me know! I like to consider myself an SF native, even though I live an hour north I spend a lot of time there!

Thanks! :)

1. What I'm doing in san Francisco is...being a tourist! So that's why I'll be in tourist central. Funny I wont go to Chick Fil A because of all the tourists here but I'm going to go be one in san fran. :oops: If it's my only chance to have In-N-Out I guess I'll have to deal because I haaaave to try it.
2. It's freezing here so my jacket is still ready to go. :D It was 41 the other morning when I left for class. :eek:

I think we're mostly going to be stuck dealing with crowds because we chose a dumb time to go, but it is what it is. If you think there's anything we absolutely must do let me know!

i would love some native sf recommendations! i'm going to be there in 2 weeks for about 2.5/3 days, then going to napa! i used to live in sacramento as a kid, so i've been to sf before and have my wardrobe prepared...and i did recommend that we go to the in-n-out somewhere else rather than sf. but we are currently trying to do research on other yummy food places to eat, so if you have any suggestions feel free to dm me :) thanks!

Wawa's slowly making its way up to northern NJ. Right now there are a few in the central jersey area.

I don't know where you live but in Paramus Park Mall there is the only Chik-fil-a I have ever seen in the state!

All our little state can boast about is awesome diners, bagels, and Taylor ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches.

You should get The Fierce Board App!
We also have fabulous Pizza...it always seems a little pathetic that there are states that think Pizza Hut and Domino's is actually even pizza. No offense to Pizza Hut lovers but that is not pizza, that is Faux Pizza, like Cubic Zirconia looks like a diamond but with none of the sparkle of a good ooooey goooey cheese pie. :p

Poutine sounds like what we call "Disco Fries" at the diner, hot Fries with gravy and melted cheese. Only maybe a lot less gourmet??? LOL Wow this thread has really taken on a life of it's own. Sorry for contributing to the delinquency of a perfectly good thread. :oops::D

I love how you open a thread about banning athletes and find a discussion about fast food - ladies and gentlemen, this is fierceboard :)

I belonged to another web site (now defunct) where we would derail out if hand threads with pie discussions. Yum...

Oh how I miss San Francisco! I was there over the summer visiting family. My uncle is a chef in the area and has worked with multiple restaurants.. I'll try and find some to reccomend (spelling?) for you!

A couple of seasons ago, I was "banned" from a gym because the owner caught wind that I planned on moving gyms next season. I really don't know how he found out and I wasn't openly talking about it around other athletes. I thought that was crazy until a couple of days ago. A friend of mine decided that for her last season, she wanted to try out for her dream team. Her home gym (ill call them gym "A"), banned her from ever returning even this athlete has been loyal to them for a number of years. I'm just curious to know if anyone else has run into this problem. Is this a common thing now?
Same thing happened to us. My older daughter finished out her season however her coaches knew almost halfway through the season that she was going to change gyms for the next season. They were fine to her throughout the season however once she left and walked back into the old gym (her younger sister was still cheering...she wasn't ready to change gyms) they would make snarky comments like "what is ____doing here?" and give her dirty looks and attitudes. Even at competitions they would be rude to her. Since my younger daughter was still at the other gym I would hear the coaches making nasty comments about my oldest's new gym and spreading rumors about the new gym to their parents (I think so that they wouldn't lose any other kids). My youngest got tired of hearing her coach bash the new gym and her sister so she left the following season. It's a shame they couldn't be happy for her success, especially since they had a hand in helping her become the cheerleader she now is! Our new gym owner has had athletes leave and when they come back he takes them back. Don't ever burn your bridges!

Back