All-Star Gymtyme International Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 10, 2010
How do GymTyme international teams work? I understand that a lot of the athletes come from the University of Louisville cheer program which means they're mostly college students. Do they go to a lot of competitions or just one and hope to get a bid? Does the GymTyme schedule compete or interfere with Daytona season for the athletes?

Editing because I misspoke and do not know what I'm talking about!

Tagging @CoachD who probably knows better than anyone.

Last edited:
They basically take the all girl team. (And maybe other teams) Put them in Gymtyme uniforms. Compete once. Get a worlds bid and compete at worlds. Does not matter if they are on mat or not at Daytona. We know someone that won NcA college Nationals and Worlds in the same year. A lot of colleges have athletes that do IOC teams and college cheer. Some like NCSU do not allow it. They are athletes at State first and foremost.

They basically take the all girl team. (And maybe other teams) Put them in Gymtyme uniforms. Compete once. Get a worlds bid and compete at worlds. Does not matter if they are on mat or not at Daytona. We know someone that won NcA college Nationals and Worlds in the same year. A lot of colleges have athletes that do IOC teams and college cheer. Some like NCSU do not allow it. They are athletes at State first and foremost.

See also: I think they've put UL freshmen (those who were still senior/super senior age eligible) on Platinum (which not sure if they have it anymore but it was Med Coed 5) as well.

See also: I think they've put UL freshmen (those who were still senior/super senior age eligible) on Platinum (which not sure if they have it anymore but it was Med Coed 5) as well.
Yea, there's no Platinum this year (or any Senior 5 team at GT).

From what I've heard, they do shuffle athletes around a little and it's not the exact same team. But Chrome essentially competes UofL's large coed routine and Gold does all girl. They usually just do the one bid comp and then Worlds.
I think Pink has some senior age athletes on it this year and they are doing a few comps, Cheersport and NCA at least.

From what I've heard, they do shuffle athletes around a little and it's not the exact same team. But Chrome essentially competes UofL's large coed routine and Gold does all girl. They usually just do the one bid comp and then Worlds.
I think Pink has some senior age athletes on it this year and they are doing a few comps, Cheersport and NCA at least.

Yes, I was literally mindblown when I realized it is basically same routine modified for Worlds (ex: add doubles, etc.)

I mean, it makes sense. The athletes are in school, cheering basketball (assuming), etc. Work smart not hard.

Side question: So, where do their senior aged kids cheer? I know they HAVE to have some. I think their next lowest team is Red which is 5R? Maybe they all go 5R or straight onto Pink?

Yes, I was literally mindblown when I realized it is basically same routine modified for Worlds (ex: add doubles, etc.)

I mean, it makes sense. The athletes are in school, cheering basketball (assuming), etc. Work smart not hard.

Side question: So, where do their senior aged kids cheer? I know they HAVE to have some. I think their next lowest team is Red which is 5R? Maybe they all go 5R or straight onto Pink?
Yea probably either Red or Pink. They have a pretty good senior 4 as well.

I'm surprised no one has cried "That is not fair!" considering that they're the only gym with that caliber of relationship to a major college team (ex: the UL coaches are GT coaches.)

Does not bother me personally BUT I could see teams who repeatedly have to go against them at Worlds taking issue with it.

It's not the same, but many of the athletes on CA International teams come from Navarro and TVCC. It seems like a win win for everyone.

I'm surprised no one has cried "That is not fair!" considering that they're the only gym with that caliber of relationship to a major college team (ex: the UL coaches are GT coaches.)

Does not bother me personally BUT I could see teams who repeatedly have to go against them at Worlds taking issue with it.
Oh come worlds this will be discussed. On here and elsewhere. And some say it's unfair and some say it's okay

I have a friend who is on U of L's coed team and he is competing for Chrome this year. Not sure if he is competing at Daytona but he was formerly on ACE Warriors and is a beast when it comes to tumbling!

Really, though, it’s not any different than a high school age athlete competing for his/her school and being on an AS team. In our area, it is common practice for AS coaches to get side gigs coaching, assistant coachibg, or doing choreography for school teams. It is a symbiotic relationship.

Lady Red is 5R. I heard they were going to be Sr 5 team but for some reason moved down to restricted...they have 34 standing two to fulls...so it is a realistic rumor. They were at cheersport, but they won't be at NCA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Agree and no all star gym is going to turn away strong athletes because they cheer at a local College or are friends with the owners/coaches.

Latest posts

Back