All-Star Gymtyme International Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I’m not saying it does. But this is just the policy at our school. Our kids cheer football. Men’s and women’s basketball. Gymnastics. Wrestling. Volleyball. Public appearances. Weight training. Daily practices. Plus most of the athletes are in very rigorous academic programs They just have a policy that kids cannot cheer for an all star program while they cheer at State. Maybe because we are considered part of the athletics program and not just a spirit squad makes a difference too.
Great for NC State. Doesn’t mean other schools can’t be successful with the policies they have. And believe it or not, many college cheerleaders have demanding courseloads and are in highly ranked national academic programs and also cheer all star....

Great for NC State. Doesn’t mean other schools can’t be successful with the policies they have. And believe it or not, many college cheerleaders have demanding courseloads and are in highly ranked national academic programs and also cheer all star....
I agree. Lots of schools have demanding academic programs and kids still do school cheer and all stars. I just know as a parent of an athlete that cheers at a D1 school I’m glad she does not have that extra time commitment of all stars. For those that can do it all-kudos to them. That’s amazing!

I agree. Lots of schools have demanding academic programs and kids still do school cheer and all stars. I just know as a parent of an athlete that cheers at a D1 school I’m glad she does not have that extra time commitment of all stars. For those that can do it all-kudos to them. That’s amazing!
I’m a parent of an athlete that cheers at a D1 school too. Who happens to be an adult and can make her own decisions and balance her schedule as she sees fit.

As coaches, we do all we can to make stunts legal despite what the rules say to make our routines better. Why not do that with athletes too if it will give you a better team. Good for them for working the rules like that. If people want it to stop, then put a rule in place that you can't cross between University and All-Star programs, similar to high schools. Look at Elizabeth Swaney who is competing at the Olympics on a rule technicality. Definitely not what FIS was thinking when the qualification rule was brought in, but good for her for making it work to her advantage. Bet theres a change to FIS qualifications after this Olympics.
which will more then likely be changed in the coming year, to prevent it from happening again. I mean i get a lot of people are looking to her as inspiring, but its kinda embarrassing. She got there because of a loophole, consecutively placed last but since she chose her competitions extremely wisely, she managed to slip her way in. She was no dummy, the girl graduated from harvard, has been extremely successful in the business world, and apparently is a very good downhill skiier. Which makes me think she choose halfpipe specifically because it was easier to qualify for then any other skiing event.
ultimately what got her in was the amount of money she had to blow to travel and compete in all these competitions...

I mean i get a lot of people are looking to her as inspiring, but its kinda embarrassing. She got there because of a loophole, consecutively placed last but since she chose her competitions extremely wisely, she managed to slip her way in. She was no dummy, the girl graduated from harvard, has been extremely successful in the business world, and apparently is a very good downhill skiier. Which makes me think she choose halfpipe specifically because it was easier to qualify for.

Tomatos Tamahtos. What you think is embarrassing, others honestly think is one of the best hacks of legal loopholes, well, maybe since forever. She wasn't hurting anyone by taking advantage of her resources- too much time, too much money, that Ski House in 'Insert Posh Name Here'. She wasn't wasting your money either. She wanted something, she meticulously researched a way to achieve that goal, and she achieved it. Talk about a BAB ;)

Phillip Defranco said it best when he covered this story. Some people think what she did is cheating and it's understandable to see it that way. But too Elizabeth, from one Hustler to another, I salute you baha

I’m a parent of an athlete that cheers at a D1 school too. Who happens to be an adult and can make her own decisions and balance her schedule as she sees fit.
Mine is an adult too. And can make her own decisions. I’ll stop posting on this. No point in carrying it further. She has had the best four years of her life and I’m proud of all she has accomplished.

Tomatos Tamahtos. What you think is embarrassing, others honestly think is one of the best hacks of legal loopholes, well, maybe since forever. She wasn't hurting anyone by taking advantage of her resources- too much time, too much money, that Ski House in 'Insert Posh Name Here'. She wasn't wasting your money either. She wanted something, she meticulously researched a way to achieve that goal, and she achieved it. Talk about a BAB ;)

Phillip Defranco said it best when he covered this story. Some people think what she did is cheating and it's understandable to see it that way. But too Elizabeth, from one Hustler to another, I salute you baha
I wouldn't technically consider what she did cheating, cause she did follow the rules, regardless of how lax they might be. But think about the person who probably didn't make the Olympic team or qualify who probably had more skill then her........
But I really dont know how it all works. I know they have to gain a certain amount of points over a period of time and place within the top ten to qualify...
Bottom line I don't think it was truly fair to let someone in of her experience, while possibly skipping over someone who had more of a skill set to actually compete.

I wouldn't technically consider what she did cheating, cause she did follow the rules, regardless of how lax they might be. But think about the person who probably didn't make the Olympic team or qualify who probably had more skill then her........
But I really dont know how it all works. I know they have to gain a certain amount of points over a period of time and place within the top ten to qualify...
Bottom line I don't think it was truly fair to let someone in of her experience, while possibly skipping over someone who had more of a skill set to actually compete.
Agreed. She played her cards right though and managed to qualify through unorthodox channels that most decent but not uber elite athletes would not have the resources (and in this case the Hungarian heredity) to do so.

We met a girl a few years back in Hawaii who had the Olympic rings tattooed on her back shoulder. I asked her if she was an Olympian and she kind of sheepishly said she swam for the Philippines through her ancestors (but didn’t get past early heats). She would not have made a strong American team but was good enough swimmer to swim for another country. Who am I to judge that? She made her dreams come true and did so legally.

Agreed. She played her cards right though and managed to qualify through unorthodox channels that most decent but not uber elite athletes would not have the resources (and in this case the Hungarian heredity) to do so.

We met a girl a few years back in Hawaii who had the Olympic rings tattooed on her back shoulder. I asked her if she was an Olympian and she kind of sheepishly said she swam for the Philippines through her ancestors (but didn’t get past early heats). She would not have made a strong American team but was good enough swimmer to swim for another country. Who am I to judge that? She made her dreams come true and did so legally.

Doesn't this happen often with Olympic basketball (ex: American players choosing to play for their countries of birth or places where they are dual citizens?)

My girls are citizens of 3 countries so lots of choice about who to represent in the Olympics... lol.

We give a lot of crap to this American woman for doing this, but it happened in cross country skiing too (remember the shirtless guy from Tonga?). Him and a few others started training a few months ago and had never skiied before and gamed the system by selectively going to certain qualifiers. And yet we celebrated the picture of him and a few others crossing the finish line dead last (one of the guys crossed the finish line carrying the Mexican flag). At least they represented their own country, but it's really not all that different.

Doesn't this happen often with Olympic basketball (ex: American players choosing to play for their countries of birth or places where they are dual citizens?)

Yeah, but they don't usually pick their home countries because they couldn't make Team USA. They usually represent their home countries because they're only in the US to play in the NBA.

Without the Olympic rules allowing all nations to participate, we would never have beautiful stories like the Jamaican bobsleigh team, Eddie the Eagle, Eric the Eel and Steven Bradbury. And that would be very sad indeed.

Back