All-Star Hair & Makeup Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Hopefully this has not been posted, I couldn't seem to find anything specific whenI searched!

We are trying to specify hair & makeup this year for the parents mainly. In years past, we usually had half up but are wanting all up this year, and classy makeup. Not crazy and with glitter to the hair line, something easy but still looks great.

Would you all mind sharing pics of competition hair & makeup to help us decide what to do?

Always a solid look:
Straight pony (poof depending on age level, and the style of you program)
Smokey eyeshadow look (Maybelline makes a great 3 color palette you can use) and thicker liner
Rosey cheeks
Red or darker lip

I know it seems a little drastic but on stage it reallly picks up nicely.

fedoon.jpg

this is what ACX does (this is my friend, my sister and i)
(the red lips are not done here though)
younger teams don't do the poof
and the eyes are a smoky eye but in purple

if you want clean an easy...IMO​

Clean high tight pony tail.​
eyes: a light skin colored eye shimmer w/some mascara easy eyeline on eyelid if you want.​
face: Simple rosey cheek​
Lips: a red lip​

and call it a day!​
thats just me if i wanted a simple look!​

-straight pony tails with poofs
-definitely the red lips it looks great out on the floor and it ties everything together
-and for the eyes i would do a nice natural smokey eye

For our gym the makeup was the same but the hair always depended on the level and age team(and some years the dance). Kind of made it fun when you moved up teams and got to do a different hairstyle. They're all pretty low maintenance aside from curls and the makeup was fantastic after years of having to do plaster glitter crap on my eyes. Creme eyeshadow = best invention ever.

Hair:
1-2 youth teams wore pigtail braids with a super cute mini bow on each braid or half up half down curled
3-5 youth teams wore either pigtail curls, a high pony curled or a high pony straight (varied by year and dance music)
1-2 junior teams wore a high ponytail straight or half up half down curls
3-5 junior teams wore a high pony with a poof but some years they did a straight or curly high pony but a 1 inch section in the front was parted to the side and braided(then clipped underneath the pony or the ends of the braid would go into the back on the ponytail holder for girls with long enough hair.....)
1-2 senior teams wore half up half down with big curls
3-5 senior teams wore a high pony with a poof

Makeup:
Black eyeliner drawn out to a cat eye
Black mascara
Red lipstick
Blush
Shimmer Cream Eyeshadow(i think the brand was wet n wild) that matched one of our team colors on the lid with black eyeshadow on the outer lid like this (but black rather than brown): http://www.makeupgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/katy-perry-05.jpg

Hopefully this has not been posted, I couldn't seem to find anything specific whenI searched!

We are trying to specify hair & makeup this year for the parents mainly. In years past, we usually had half up but are wanting all up this year, and classy makeup. Not crazy and with glitter to the hair line, something easy but still looks great.

Would you all mind sharing pics of competition hair & makeup to help us decide what to do?

We do our hair half up half down, if it is shoulder length or above it can be straight or curly and if it is below shoulders it has to be curled. We do a smoky eye, using whatever color looks best on your child and lipstick that suits your child's coloring. I feel like the smokey eye makes their eyes pop. I don't think my daughter had her lipstick on in this picture. I love our makeup.

no lip gloss/lip stain/ lip stick is added here but i just put on a pinkish color and it flows together pretty well.
27zlwus.jpg

We do our hair half up half down, if it is shoulder length or above it can be straight or curly and if it is below shoulders it has to be curled. We do a smoky eye, using whatever color looks best on your child and lipstick that suits your child's coloring. I feel like the smokey eye makes their eyes pop. I don't think my daughter had her lipstick on in this picture. I love our makeup.

For our gym the makeup was the same but the hair always depended on the level and age team(and some years the dance). Kind of made it fun when you moved up teams and got to do a different hairstyle. They're all pretty low maintenance aside from curls and the makeup was fantastic after years of having to do plaster glitter crap on my eyes. Creme eyeshadow = best invention ever.

Hair:
1-2 youth teams wore pigtail braids with a super cute mini bow on each braid or half up half down curled
3-5 youth teams wore either pigtail curls, a high pony curled or a high pony straight (varied by year and dance music)
1-2 junior teams wore a high ponytail straight or half up half down curls
3-5 junior teams wore a high pony with a poof but some years they did a straight or curly high pony but a 1 inch section in the front was parted to the side and braided(then clipped underneath the pony or the ends of the braid would go into the back on the ponytail holder for girls with long enough hair.....)
1-2 senior teams wore half up half down with big curls
3-5 senior teams wore a high pony with a poof

Makeup:
Black eyeliner drawn out to a cat eye
Black mascara
Red lipstick
Blush
Shimmer Cream Eyeshadow(i think the brand was wet n wild) that matched one of our team colors on the lid with black eyeshadow on the outer lid like this (but black rather than brown): http://www.makeupgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/katy-perry-05.jpg

I love cream eye shadow!!! It's so no fuss and easy to do, and it looks good!! I've never used it for cheer but that's a great idea:)

Back