All-Star Hair & Makeup Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

dsc01364j.jpg

Straight back ponytails, up HIGH. For some parents, you probably have to specify how high because they'll put it behind the crown of the head. I think it was a bow tutorial that this board won't let me type the name of that says 4 fingers away from the forehead is the perfect high pony.

Straight pony!!!

n1490550134_30141745_5514.jpg

Ignore our stupid faces, it was the only picture I could find that showed the make up well. I'm on the right, my friend Lora on the left. I really loved our makeup this season the best. We did a simple MAC purple shimmer on the lid with a MAC white shimmer overlapping a little and up to the creese. Then we usually did black eyeliner on the top and bottom and mascara if you wanted it....which neither of us had on at this point, and a red lip. Be careful with lips though, don't go too dark or it looks too intense and don't go too pinkish or it looks too bubblegumish.

I liked this because it was so easy, only took a few minutes and it looked good on everyone.

And I agree for ponies, really stress HIGH because some parents and kids don't understand that means on top of your head.

My gym puts a video of a parent doing the hair on their kid so less experienced parents know exactly how to do it and can do it while they are watching the video and pause it when they need too. We do the same for makeup, and typically only do one eye because it can take a while.

As for what the gym I cheered at does (i now coach at a much smaller gym, not the big name I used to be at)....
HAIR
Minis- High Ponytail or Halfups for kids who don't have enough hair to put it in a ponytail
Youth 1-4, Junior 1-4, Senior 2-3-Straighten High Pony Tail with a poof, half ups for kids who don't have enough hair
Junior 5, Senior 4-5- Poof w/ bow, hair down in crazy curls, most girls just wear curlers the night before, you can never rely on a curling iron....

MAKEUP
Minis-Natural Face, Red Lips (coaches do this with just red lip gloss right before they go on), White eye shimmer, mascara
Youth 1-4, Junior 1-4- Natural Face, Red Lips (the kids/moms do this with lipstick and lip liner), white eye shimmer, eyeliner on the top, mascara
Junior 5, Senior 2-5- Anything we want, but when the coaches say that they really mean something pretty, no crazy colors. i always do red lips, natural face but with some bronzer, black eyeliner on the lid and waterline, brown eye shimmer, TONS OF MASCARA

hope this helps, i think they did a good job of keeping everything age appropriate and not to crazy, and everyone looked gorgeous because its so universal and works on most faces!

Back