All-Star Hairgate 2015 - Mom Upset Daughter Is Off The Team Because She Wont Straighten Hair For Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

THIS!! @ everyone forming opinions on the Mizzou situation based on articles like the first one coming from national news sources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to revert to local Missouri new sources to try and get a handle of what was really going on at Mizzou because I swear every single national news source had a different take on the events.

hey now, some of us tweet at Mizzou students we know from Fierceboard before writing pieces...
haha not you of course ;)
I actually didn't know you wrote anything on it! I had to take a little break from Facebook and avoid reading articles about it because I couldn't handle it. I'm too social media conscious to make all the snarky comments I was thinking so I just had to avoid it because not making them was frustrating - all that anger pent up inside ;P
Anywho, the biggest thing I learned from all of this was that you shouldn't be quick to form opinions about events that you're not a part of, because you probably don't know the full story and it's likely not as dramatic or black and white (I'm the worst) as it's being portrayed. I mean, I'm HERE and can't say one side is 100% right or wrong because it's so complex. I try to give the benefit of the doubt in most things that turn into national news anyway, but never really saw how crazy different the news and real life is until I was a part of it. It was honestly eye opening. Just something I'll keep in mind for the future.

haha not you of course ;)
I actually didn't know you wrote anything on it! I had to take a little break from Facebook and avoid reading articles about it because I couldn't handle it. I'm too social media conscious to make all the snarky comments I was thinking so I just had to avoid it because not making them was frustrating - all that anger pent up inside ;P
Anywho, the biggest thing I learned from all of this was that you shouldn't be quick to form opinions about events that you're not a part of, because you probably don't know the full story and it's likely not as dramatic or black and white (I'm the worst) as it's being portrayed. I mean, I'm HERE and can't say one side is 100% right or wrong because it's so complex. I try to give the benefit of the doubt in most things that turn into national news anyway, but never really saw how crazy different the news and real life is until I was a part of it. It was honestly eye opening. Just something I'll keep in mind for the future.

I actually didn't--but I was seeing on Twitter that you guys were instructed to evacuate and was certainly planning on writing about that....until you said that it wasn't coming from the school itself. I did relay your message to some of my colleagues though, when we were trying to figure out what was happening.

Twitter is both a blessing and a curse.

I actually didn't--but I was seeing on Twitter that you guys were instructed to evacuate and was certainly planning on writing about that....until you said that it wasn't coming from the school itself. I did relay your message to some of my colleagues though, when we were trying to figure out what was happening.

True dat.

So true!
Yeah see the school was essentially useless... The official information from them was: "there is no threat, campus is safe" *silence all night while rumors are flying* in the morning: "the person who made the threat has been arrested." Excuse me, MUPD? You mean the person who made the threat you claimed didn't exist? Okay :cool:

So true!
Yeah see the school was essentially useless... The official information from them was: "there is no threat, campus is safe" *silence all night while rumors are flying* in the morning: "the person who made the threat has been arrested." Excuse me, MUPD? You mean the person who made the threat you claimed didn't exist? Okay :cool:

That sounds like something the Army would do. Bwahahaha

*Forget Cheerlebrity status, we need a TeamMomlebrity Award Show*

Back