All-Star Hairstyles For Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry but I love the pageantry of our sport, so much bonding occurred when I cheered and girls were sitting in the lobby getting their hair done by a parent or teammate. My kids love using their James Charles palette on comp day. You wanna make a kid's comp weekend compliment their eyeshadow lol.

Sorry but I love the pageantry of our sport, so much bonding occurred when I cheered and girls were sitting in the lobby getting their hair done by a parent or teammate. My kids love using their James Charles palette on comp day. You wanna make a kid's comp weekend compliment their eyeshadow lol.

Hanging out and chatting with my mom while she did my hair and makeup (or eventually when I did my own hair/makeup and she watched) are some of my most cherished cheer memories. I think cheering and always traveling together really helped us bond during what can be a very turbulent time for mom/daughter relationships.

Once I became good at cheer hair, it was also a cool way to sort of mentor/bond with the younger girls, I loved getting to chat with them while doing their hair, teach them or their moms how I did it, and pump them up for the competition.

I absolutely get that it’s not necessary and so agree that hair should work for everyone on the team. I am in favor of being more relaxed with it, but just chiming in that I also have very fond memories of it. It wasn’t *all* bad!

**Granted I was always with small programs/gyms so we had a little more flexibility to spend the time doing hair at a relaxed pace, versus a gym that has teams performing more often and athletes wanting to watch the teams and going back and forth between getting ready and watching. **

Yeah I didn't mention the fun of hair parties and doing makeup on the bus to comps. We didn't really match makeup for competitions since I was a school team rather than all star, so if it was clean and not overly done it was fine (we only matched red lipstick.) It's more about finding a happy medium with the fun hairstyles and being more lenient towards everyone's hair texture.

French braids are super hard for me and I am a hair person lol.

I'm in love with the curly low side pony. No teasing look good on multiple textures, lengths, and densities. The girls also loved that they can take their hair down after a comp and not look crazy lol. For worlds I did my entire x-small teams hair 9 girls and all but one kept that style in for the entire weekend.

I like buns but my kids would hate it.

Lastly stop saying straight hair is easy, it's not.

LOL. I agree! CP's hair requirements are high ponytail 4-5 finger width from the hairline, straightened with no fly aways. It is not an easy task at all. Takes about 15 minutes to do, which I know isn't bad considering what others have to do. But I think it takes longer than what most think it does for such a simple pony.

Back