All-Star Hand Wash Only Practice Clothes? Seriously, Varsity?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 28, 2017
on what planet is that a good choice for teen girls who have multi-hour practice sessions including heavy conditioning? I can kind of understand the actual uniforms with all those crystals, but the practice clothes?

on what planet is that a good choice for teen girls who have multi-hour practice sessions including heavy conditioning? I can kind of understand the actual uniforms with all those crystals, but the practice clothes?
I always wash it in the washer on the hand wash cycle, turned inside out and absolutely NO fabric softener. Then I hang dry. Never had an issue. Oh and our practice wear has crystals. And I wash her uniform the exact same way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I refuse to hand wash practice wear. It goes in the washer and dryer with the rest of the laundry. I have only had one outfit (not Varsity) not hold up. If you're nervous about putting it in the regular load, you can put it in a zip pillowcase.

I throw ours in with the regular laundry, and it's always been fine. Even with the crystals.

Glad to hear it’s not actually required. It just makes no sense for practice clothes that are meant to be sweated in.

I wash her uniform by itself on gentle and hang it to dry, practice wear gets washed and dried with a normal load of laundry-never had a problem

I wash her uniform by itself on gentle and hang it to dry, practice wear gets washed and dried with a normal load of laundry-never had a problem
This is what I do as well!
Our stuff is all Rebel, and it seems like they have gotten better glue or something in the past couple of years...the uniform she had 2 years ago used to drop crystals frequently! I would find them in the washer, and really just everywhere. I was always gluing them back on. Such a pain. She got a new uni last year and it hasn't lost a single stone yet! We are on year 2 with that one and it still looks perfect. Year 2 of practice wear and it is perfect as well...even after being worn & in the dryer so much!

It has more to do with the printing. Unfortunately, no matter the price or quality, there is no work around. The colors will bleed and fade regardless of brand.
You're pretty much OK washing anything sublimated inside out, gentle/cold, and hung dry with no fabric softener.

This has those sequin things without holes. How do they stand up to washing?

It has more to do with the printing. Unfortunately, no matter the price or quality, there is no work around. The colors will bleed and fade regardless of brand.
You're pretty much OK washing anything sublimated inside out, gentle/cold, and hung dry with no fabric softener.
This! Sublimated prints all start out as white or light grey material, so they will fade eventually and become really light. The care instructions do matter for extending the life of your apparel, but isn't the mandatory or required way to care for it all

We’ve never had any problem with Varsity practice wear - sublimated, stones, or even both. I always throw in the machine on delicate with just detergent and hang dry. For the uniform I do the same but on the hand wash cycle.

Back