All-Star Has This Happened To Anyone?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 19, 2010
Hey yall,
Ok so last week I could do like a perfect needle and it didn't hurt and now I can barely pull a scorpion. It kills and my coaches are complaining that it's so ugly compared to usual . Has this happened to anyone? Anybody know why?
Thanks

Oh my god. This is me over the past two weeks!! Two weeks ago i was almost to a perfect straight leg and then its progressively gotten worse and worse with more pain. I didnt overstretch it though... Ive been stretching it the same as always. I dont understand :((
Yeah, that's why I was wondering. It just keeps getting harder to do a scorp. But i always stretch the same...maybe too much but I didn't think so.

Yeah, that's why I was wondering. It just keeps getting harder to do a scorp. But i always stretch the same...maybe too much but I didn't think so.
Glad im not the only one. Im contimplating to go to the chiropracter or doctor to fibd out. But if someone has gone through this and has advice, that would be better!!! I feel like a doctor would just tell me not to do scorpians...and thats a choice lol

I'm no Dr, that's for sure! I blame my cp's stress fracture on getting her straight leg scorp 2 years ago. She was obsessed on getting herself there, which she did. Then she started feeling intense pain when doing it, and also in her standing tumbling. We went to the Dr's and after a MRI, they found the fracture. Out for 2-3 months. She's pretty much pain free for now but she will not push herself to a straight leg anymore. Her scorpion is beautiful, just not a straight leg. Her tumbling is better than ever because of not stretching to the point of no return and feeling major pain. The back is nothing to screw around with.

It know it could have been numerous things that lead to her stress fracture, but the timing of getting that leg straight just sticks in my mind and I'm convinced!!!!

Heres a "home" test I did before taking to the orthopedic doctor. Definitely not diagnosis, but it was enough for me to get her some x-rays and a MRI.

Standing one-legged hyperextension test:
Stand on the leg of the same side on which there is pain (i.e., if the pain is on the right side, stand on your right leg). Then, gently lean backwards. If the pain is reproduced, this may be a positive sign for spondylolysis.

Panacea said:
I'm no Dr, that's for sure! I blame my cp's stress fracture on getting her straight leg scorp 2 years ago. She was obsessed on getting herself there, which she did. Then she started feeling intense pain when doing it, and also in her standing tumbling. We went to the Dr's and after a MRI, they found the fracture. Out for 2-3 months. She's pretty much pain free for now but she will not push herself to a straight leg anymore. Her scorpion is beautiful, just not a straight leg. Her tumbling is better than ever because of not stretching to the point of no return and feeling major pain. The back is nothing to screw around with.

It know it could have been numerous things that lead to her stress fracture, but the timing of getting that leg straight just sticks in my mind and I'm convinced!!!!

Heres a "home" test I did before taking to the orthopedic doctor. Definitely not diagnosis, but it was enough for me to get her some x-rays and a MRI.

Stand on the leg of the same side on which there is pain (i.e., if the pain is on the right side, stand on your right leg). Then, gently lean backwards. If the pain is reproduced, this may be a positive sign for spondylolysis.

This thread should be closed right here. We aren't dr's but that's exactly what I was thinking. Stress fracture/spondylyosis. It's serious. It put one of my best athletes out for the last half of the season last year.

this happened to me like two years ago!!!! its not like i was trying to stretch my scorpian higher, its just every practice my back started to hurt more and more and more everytime i pulled a scorpian. my best friend @bwana. used to push on that muscle in my back so i could continue on pulling my skills it was real bad!!

Don't mess with it. Call a doctor. The longer you wait to fix it, the more of the season you miss.

Ok I'm not sure what happened but I went to practice and my scorpion hurt a few times but I kept doing it and after like 3 times my straight leg was back :) hopefully I won't have this problem again, but if I do I'll definitely call a doctor and take everyones advice. Thanks so much.

Uh oh. I did this and it hurts pretty bad. I guess I should see if I can go to the chiropractor.

Ok I'm not sure what happened but I went to practice and my scorpion hurt a few times but I kept doing it and after like 3 times my straight leg was back :) hopefully I won't have this problem again, but if I do I'll definitely call a doctor and take everyones advice. Thanks so much.
Awww good:) lucky, mine hurt tonight. I stretched it out to stunt and it was okay, pretty still, but then we took a break from that stunt for an hour and when i went to pull it ahain, the pain was unbearable. My scale even hurt! So i had to do a crap scorpian. Ughhhhhh :(( this is so upsetting

Awww good:) lucky, mine hurt tonight. I stretched it out to stunt and it was okay, pretty still, but then we took a break from that stunt for an hour and when i went to pull it ahain, the pain was unbearable. My scale even hurt! So i had to do a crap scorpian. Ughhhhhh :(( this is so upsetting
Yeah it's weird. If i take a break for a while it hurts really bad. At practice it didn't hurt but now that I'm home it hurts just sitting here. And i have to re stretch before the stunt if I take a break or it will hurt really bad.

Yeah it's weird. If i take a break for a while it hurts really bad. At practice it didn't hurt but now that I'm home it hurts just sitting here. And i have to re stretch before the stunt if I take a break or it will hurt really bad.
Aleve and icyhot seems to help a bit! Ugh hate this though. #flyerproblems

Back