All-Star Have Any Of You Ever Tumbled On A Basketball Court?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have had to gym a gym floors, and it's not that bad. Standing hurts more than running though. Standing stings, abut running feels ok for the most part; as long as u dnt land short.

Tumbling on anything but a spring floor kills my elbows. Whoever taught me my backhandspring( when i was like 7) obviously didn't teach me right, because my hands are completely turned out in my BHS, and has caused me to have tendonitis in my right elbow. & I can't stop doing it. I've tried to get them in but they always end up turning out when I tumble and it hurts really bad. haha. So obvi tumbling on the court killss me.

In the old days that's all we had. When I was in high school & college I always tumbled on a bb court. Spring floors were for gymnastics only and grass was way harder. Yeah your wrists hurt, but you got used to it.

i usually only tumble on spring but if i had to choose between a dead mat or a basketball court id choose the basketball court. the dead mat hurts my knees and ankles but the basketball court doesnt.

MY kids ALWAYS tumble on a Basketball Court. It's all we have. Competitions here in our country offers Huge Puzzle Mats and that's the best they could offer. . .
Ohh heyy! We're in the same country. When I see our school team practice, I always get scared bc they tumble on floor. Like on cement. They don't usually practice on grass and they don't get to use mats that much. It's scary. They do roundoffs and whatever and I'm all...what if something bad happens, that'd be scary. Oh, and it's sad that even at Nationals, I don't think they have spring floor. :|

Hated it! Granted it has been some years since I've actually tumbled, but I remember tumbling on basketball courts and it was the worst part of my high school cheerleading career. I had the biggest fear of it but I did it anyway for the love of the sport. I think hands down, spring floors are better. It may give you a false sense of height, lol but easier nonetheless.

My daughter's chiropractor goes to basketball games and he says he can't even watch it when the girls tumble on the hard floor. He said that they are doing irreparable damage to their spines and joints. He is an excellent chiropractor and a huge sports fan. Just has a hard time knowing how the human skeletal system works.

high school cheer... tumbling at games... the pain.... i didn't really mind standing backs or toe backs on it b/c i'd wear cheap kaepas to games (the thick sole makes it easier than really thin nfinitys), but when you started adding a bhs to anything my palms were begging for mercy

high school cheer... tumbling at games... the pain.... i didn't really mind standing backs or toe backs on it b/c i'd wear cheap kaepas to games (the thick sole makes it easier than really thin nfinitys), but when you started adding a bhs to anything my palms were begging for mercy
i know! i used to have to tumble at basketball games and thats exactly how i felt!

i tumble on the basketball court a lot at school but i learned all my tumbleing on a spring floor through gymnastics and competitive cheer. i can do all the same skills on a court as on spring floor except that darn full haha but i think when i tumble on the spring floor it just gives me more confidence to try a skill i might face plant because i know it wont hurt so bad, but with a bball court if i face plant like i do on spring floor i might die lol

Back