All-Star Help A Team In Need!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have three pairs of small cheer shoes (like size 1s) that I would be happy to send if they can be used. Just send me an address!

I have. Pair of nfinity genesis size 4.5 that were barely worn and are freshly washed that I was going to sell. Would rather donate them to one of these girls though! PM if they will fit one of the girls and I can send them.

Hey everyone! I just want to give a huge thanks to all of you for your support. If you've donated an item, a service, or finances, I am doing my best to add you to the sponsor section of their website:)

I had my Senior team sit and make bows last night, and while they were working on them, I talked to them a little bit about what types of struggles the girls in the program experience and why they should be thankful to have the things that they have. I explained that myself and my business partner were trying to help them out, because the coach is all by herself with two teams at the same time, due to the constraints on their practice space. Not 3 seconds went by, and I had hands shooting up asking "Can I come? I want to help!" I told them absolutely! However, we take one car into the city, so I only have room for 3.

I explained to them that it may not be an area that their parents are comfortable with, but that we don't park more than 2 blocks away and they would be with us the whole time. We requested that their parents contact us to confirm that they were ok with the girls coming with us, and I told them that the first 3 people to get in touch with us that are OVER the age of 16 could come. When practice ended, my two youngest girls- 10 and 11- ran outside to their moms and ran back in. "WE CAN GO! WE CAN GO! Are we the first two?!" I thought it was so cute, but I explained to them that it could only be older girls, because they shouldn't be teaching girls that are older than them. They looked like they were going to cry, I felt so bad lol.... It's nice to know that I have a large group of kids who are thoughtful and considerate, who genuinely were feeling empathy for these other kids. Anyway, I have 2 of my girls already confirmed to help for this week, plus myself, my business partner, and kristenthegreat :)

I have always had a very idealized view of society, believing that people are inherently benevolent, and they want to see others succeed. I think the last year of my life has made me very jaded and cynical about this world that we live in. It sometimes feels like no one cares about anything that doesn't directly effect them, and that people are ambivalent about helping others in need. This endeavor has restored my faith in humanity, and made me appreciate everyone who has done something to help. I thank you all for that:)

I will continue posting updates on this team, as I think that it's important, and I truly believe that most of you care. I should start a blog lol

I have the address but i need an email to get sizes of the girls- If you could send that I would appreciate it. Just an update -we have not had practice since we agreed to collect and donate items due to the storm- but we have not forgooten and once we get back into practices( we use a gymnastic facility for 2 nights and a cheer gym on fridays) we are at their mercy.

I have the address but i need an email to get sizes of the girls- If you could send that I would appreciate it. Just an update -we have not had practice since we agreed to collect and donate items due to the storm- but we have not forgooten and once we get back into practices( we use a gymnastic facility for 2 nights and a cheer gym on fridays) we are at their mercy.

I'll contact the coach again.... she is a mother and grandmother who works full-time, I know she doesn't usually respond right away!

THANK YOU AGAIN!:)

Ladies and gentlemen, I emailed my program this morning to explain what we are doing with this team..... 30 minutes ago, I had a response from one of our parents that she wants to donate the FULL $5,000 towards mats! She stated that she grew up in that area, in the same neighborhood, and understands what the kids have to go through. She has become a successful business owner, and her chain of stores will be sponsoring this team for mats!!!

5-6-7-8 and CheerBank I will still be putting the Kickstarter up, as they do need uniforms and other things, so I am hoping that you would still be interested in donating! Thank you so much:)

Ladies and gentlemen, I emailed my program this morning to explain what we are doing with this team..... 30 minutes ago, I had a response from one of our parents that she wants to donate the FULL $5,000 towards mats! She stated that she grew up in that area, in the same neighborhood, and understands what the kids have to go through. She has become a successful business owner, and her chain of stores will be sponsoring this team for mats!!!

5-6-7-8 and CheerBank I will still be putting the Kickstarter up, as they do need uniforms and other things, so I am hoping that you would still be interested in donating! Thank you so much:)

This is amazing!
After some of the things I've been seeing and dealing with the past few weeks, stories and situations like this remind me of of the humanity and generosity of people.

I'm so glad that they're going to be getting the things they need!

Absolutely, and that is phenomenal news about the mats! I would rather just donate and have the money go towards where it is needed most and I have no problem leaving that to your discretion.

Amazing!! And absolutely I would love to donate for whatever else is needed.

For anyone who sent them things this week, can you please pm me with your contact info? She is incredibly grateful and wishes to extend thanks:)

Back