All-Star Help Please . Advice Needed ):

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

aggie1983 cheerfan27 HeresAThought

The comments on that status were so rude.. Gym B has a cheer in their routine and at the end they say "Now Bow Down". So now her team mates, coaches, and parents. Even her gym owner posted on her status " NOW BOW DOWN ". If i say sorry.... I'm bowing down ):

Yikes, unfortunately, this is what often happens, things escalate. I realize it is easy for me to say and much harder for you to do, but I still think the apology is the right way to go. And if you really want to take the high road (as Mamarazzi said), post an apology on her facebook status with the other comments. I don't consider that "bowing down", I would consider that trying to make amends. Again, good luck.

I still believe you should apologize, both in person and on Facebook. If you were just playing around, let her know that and then don't joke about or talk about that subject again. I always tell my daughter, joke or not, if you hurt someone's feelings, even if it wasn't your intentions, you need to apologize.
As for her teammates and other adults posting "now bow down", ignore it. The high road is the road less traveled,but it's the road you want to take...Their pettiness and conscious will catch up to them and as my mama would say, whip their butt. Good luck!

The comments on that status were so rude.. Gym B has a cheer in their routine and at the end they say "Now Bow Down". So now her team mates, coaches, and parents. Even her gym owner posted on her status " NOW BOW DOWN ". If i say sorry.... I'm bowing down ):
She did not give that information in her post and maybe she wasn't worried about that since she was trying to save a friendship. I don't know how my comments were rude.

She did not give that information in her post and maybe she wasn't worried about that since she was trying to save a friendship. I don't know how my comments were rude.
Oh no your comments helped ! I was talking about the status comments ! Sorry

But what if they are 'just joking' ? Makes you think huh? Apologize and if the owner is even involved that really means that this girl was really upset enough to tell her coaches.

Did you work things out with your friend? I am sure if you give her a sincere apology, you two will be fine. Good luck.

Give a sincere apology, and then let the chips fall where they may. As for the Facebook stauts...this is why I hate facebook, so drama inducing. Take the high road, theres less traffic up there. If she makes the choice not to be friends after you apologize, that's her loss

I think you should apologize to her.

Also, you said that she started drama on facebook - and I agree that she should have approached you in person instead of posting a comment online - but you responded by getting offended and calling her fake. Your immediate reaction was to essentially end your friendship by saying "I thought we were friends but the crown's just plastic". A better approach would have been something like "Hey, I didn't mean to offend you, I was just joking, and maybe we can talk about this in person instead of on the internet".

So yeah, she posted the first comment, but you didn't do anything at all to try to abate the conflict. I would apologize when you see her at school. How she responds is up to her but at least you'll have tried.

Quoted straight from the Cheer MaD article http://cheermad.com/sportsmanship-makes-a-difference/
"You never know when a small comment like “that’s retarded”, “they stink” or “look how fat/skinny/pale/black he or she is in that uniform” will sting or emotionally scar a person anywhere within earshot. Worse yet, if you are wearing your uniform, warm-ups, gym T-shirt or colors you probably just affected the reputation of your team/program. ”I didn’t mean anything by that” or “that was taken out of context” might be your defense when the story gets back to your coach/gym owner, but the damage has already been done."

Just something to think about................

now where i went to hs we had some ghetto black girls. i hung out with them mostly. and if someone was talking ish to them they talked bad to them and then if they still talked bad someone started fighting. i love black girl fights to funny. now back on track. ignore her. if she needs to be childish enough to post status about it and not be a big girl and say anything then ignore her.

Back