Help!! Please

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 28, 2017
so I'm 16 almost 17 and I've been a base for the past 2 years. However I've always wanted to be a flyer but they said I was too tall. I'm 5'5-5'6 and weigh 113 pounds. This year they are giving me a chance but I'm now scared as to maybe I am to tall to be a flyer. (I stay tight all the time and I can carry my on weight but the other flyers are 5'4 and below)

I don't think there is anything wrong with you being a flyer, especially if you can hold your weight and have good technique. There are plenty of tall flyers out there!

Sometimes height is a reason athletes aren't given a chance to fly, but you said they are giving you a chance. Since they are giving you a chance they are comfortable with your height. So, go for it, but be confident in the air. Confidence is really important and makes a difference.

Sometimes height is a reason athletes aren't given a chance to fly, but you said they are giving you a chance. Since they are giving you a chance they are comfortable with your height. So, go for it, but be confident in the air. Confidence is really important and makes a difference.
Thank you I need to learn to have confidence it's due to my team looking at me like I'm crazy for wanting to fly with my height.

Try your best and listen to your coaches. They want to give you a chance so they see something in you. It's hard not to think about what your teammates will say or think so just do your best and prove that you can be a great "tall" flyer. Good luck!

Last edited:
Try your best and listen to your coaches. They want to give you a chance so they see something in you. It's hard not to think about what your teams will say or think so just do your best and prove that you can be a great "tall" flyer. Good luck!
Thank you so much honestly made me more confident

Thank you I need to learn to have confidence it's due to my team looking at me like I'm crazy for wanting to fly with my height.

It is what your coaches think not your team that matters! Good luck!

Last edited:
It's not all about height! Maybe see if there is a flyer class at your gym (or nearest gym if you are only doing school cheer) to give you an extra boost of confidence. Best of luck to you this season!

Hi @Sindey Aguilar,

#KnowWhatYouKnow. Good luck being an amazing flyer this year. I'm 5'5. I see myself as medium height. I've always been a base, but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. But I hope for you that you have an amazing experience flying this year. Like you and many others mentioned all it takes is confidence and hard work. You got this.

Back