All-Star Help Understanding Building Scoresheet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 15, 2016
Hi everyone. I am new to All-Star Cheer and am trying to make sense of the Varsity score sheets. For building under stunt difficulty it says, "4 different level appropriate skills performed by most of team, 1 of which is Elite level appropriate." Can someone explain to me exactly what this means? We are a mini team so our stunts are still pretty rudimentary.

Does it mean that they have to have four distinct stunts builds withing their choreography at different times? For example, 4 times within the 2.5 minutes they can do preps and this counts.

Or does it mean that it doesn't matter how many times they build stunts, but they have to perform 4 different types of stunts? For example, they only build one stunt but within that stunt they perform a prep, then dip, then heel stretch, then dip, then a tick tock, then dip, then a scorpion, and this counts?

Can someone please help me make sense of this? As well, I have the appropriate skills sheet from Varsity, but honestly, I'm not exactly sure what all of these things mean under Level 1. Is there someplace that I can find video or photos of each of these stunts?

Thank so much!

Hi everyone. I am new to All-Star Cheer and am trying to make sense of the Varsity score sheets. For building under stunt difficulty it says, "4 different level appropriate skills performed by most of team, 1 of which is Elite level appropriate." Can someone explain to me exactly what this means? We are a mini team so our stunts are still pretty rudimentary.

Does it mean that they have to have four distinct stunts builds withing their choreography at different times? For example, 4 times within the 2.5 minutes they can do preps and this counts.

Or does it mean that it doesn't matter how many times they build stunts, but they have to perform 4 different types of stunts? For example, they only build one stunt but within that stunt they perform a prep, then dip, then heel stretch, then dip, then a tick tock, then dip, then a scorpion, and this counts?

Can someone please help me make sense of this? As well, I have the appropriate skills sheet from Varsity, but honestly, I'm not exactly sure what all of these things mean under Level 1. Is there someplace that I can find video or photos of each of these stunts?

Thank so much!
Four different level appropriate SKILLS during the 2:30 - so your second scenario. One of those must come from the elite skills list in the rubric.

If you're unsure of the scoresheet requirements and rubrics, I would recommend outside choreography. Success is very dependent on a well-constructed routine.

My old gym used to have 3 different types of stunts, "elite stunts", "Show-me's", and "2-mans".

An elite stunt would be your typical 1 leg stunt sequence. Example: switch up heel stretch, scorpion, dip down to prep and back up to extension, arabesque, full down. (I believe you must have 3+ different body positions.)

A show-me stunt would be: full up extension, down to prep, cradle, flat back up to 2 leg prep, squish down, 1 1/4 up to 2 leg prep, double down.

2-man stunt: Have 2 bases and a flyer. You can have your flyer pull any position(s), dismount.

Back