Help With Pulling My Knees In

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 17, 2011
So I'm 15 years old and I can do a RO tuck and am working my standing tuck. My RO tuck is okay, but it could be better. The main thing I need to work on in both of those skills are pulling my knees in. ( I am a tall girl 5'9") I was wondering if anyone had any drills that would help me learn to pull my knees in.

Lay down on the ground on your back and pull in your legs like you would for a tuck (on the hamstrings though -- this won't work if you grab on the front of your legs). Have your coach pull you up by your feet. If you're tucking tight enough, your coach should be able to pull you off the ground completely.

Does this make sense? I have never tried to explain it in writing before.

Just an FYI, you should NOT be pulling your knees into your chest! That will actually slow your flip down and cause your chest to drop.... Try pulling your legs up so that top part of your legs are parallel with the ground and then roll your hips up! That will help you rotate faster, and make your tuck rise! Also, work your CORE!!!

This isn't a drill, but a tip while tucking is to try to make your shins touch your forehead and squeeeeeeeze your abs!

So I'm 15 years old and I can do a RO tuck and am working my standing tuck. My RO tuck is okay, but it could be better. The main thing I need to work on in both of those skills are pulling my knees in. ( I am a tall girl 5'9") I was wondering if anyone had any drills that would help me learn to pull my knees in.
one of my athletes has this problem to i have her lay on her back in a hollow and then roll her hips and shins up over her head and then slowly bring her legs back down, and i also have her roll off this mat that we have like a forward roll and try to pull her shins in and land correctly also i have her stand and jump and pull her shins up in front of her over and over. hope it helps

Back