Help With Standing Back Handspring!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 25, 2011
Okay so i am able to throw a standing back handspring by myself but it isnt pretty i land in a pike position. Its because i bend my arms when throwing but i dont know how to prevent this... Is it because im swinging my arms far from my ears?? Please give me tips or exercises that could help my problem thanks! Also my knees bend as they come over so it doesnt look nice what should i think about when doing my back handspring to keep my knees locked?

You should try to keep your arms by your ears the whole time. Also you could condition more in your arms and that should help a lot :) Also in your backhandspring, push off the floor with your shoulders so that you don't land in a pike. As for your legs, just keep them locked!

im working on my handspring right now, getting it super solid. the other day during tumbling a little lightbulb turned on in my head and helped me alot. when you swing to do your handspring, keep your arms locked, when your arms are all the way back you should be on your toes, and KEEP YOUR CHEST UP it helps aloooooot

Back