Help With Stepping Up My Level 5 Game.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 17, 2015
Hello everybody! I would like to improve my Level 5 tumbling and am open for all suggestions.

I have a running full including some combos (whip through to full, Arabian through to full) and am working on some more interesting passes. (round off whip Arabian through to full, or through to whip through to full)

Standing I have a standing tuck handspring handspring whip, handspring full fully connected, and a strong two to full.

My double full is OK, but I'm still working to make it better. It just seems like it's never consistent and I'm scared to throw it without padding underneath me. Same story with my standing full. I take off slightly to the right instead of straight up, but I make it all the way around, almost landing it.

What drills can I do? We have a tumble track, but no pit, and not a lot of pad to land on.

It sounds like you need a bit more technical support, but also more confidence in yourself. Think about executing the skill the same way every time, and as you get ready to do it without padding, remind yourself that you're ready prepared, etc. It's important to push away the doubts with positive thinking.

Try a different tumbling coach. You'd be amazed at what finding the right one can do do you.

**Sometimes I day dream Cheer Son is almost as good as Susie and then reality sets in**
Thank you for the response. My double full is mostly self taught. I don't have a coach that's knowledgeable about double fulls. There's only one person with a double full in the gym, and he's pretty much self taught too, he's just a lot better at twisting.

It sounds like you need a bit more technical support, but also more confidence in yourself. Think about executing the skill the same way every time, and as you get ready to do it without padding, remind yourself that you're ready prepared, etc. It's important to push away the doubts with positive thinking.
Thank you! :) hopefully I'll get it soon.

Thank you for the response. My double full is mostly self taught. I don't have a coach that's knowledgeable about double fulls. There's only one person with a double full in the gym, and he's pretty much self taught too, he's just a lot better at twisting.
Just remember that being able to do this gal and being able to teach the skill are two separate issues

**Sometimes I day dream Cheer Son is almost as good as Susie and then reality sets in**

Just remember that being able to do this gal and being able to teach the skill are two separate issues

Oh, I perfectly understand, but the instruction is more like. "That wasn't a good one." And less like, "You need to set a little faster and wait just a little bit longer before you start your twist." And forget being spotted.

Oh, I perfectly understand, but the instruction is more like. "That wasn't a good one." And less like, "You need to set a little faster and wait just a little bit longer before you start your twist." And forget being spotted.
I would honestly suggest looking for a gymnastics gym or another cheer gym to tumble at with coaches who are more qualified for your higher level of tumbling. I'm not saying you need to switch gyms, but you're at risk for injury if you're being taught by unknowledgeable coaches! A gymnastics gym will really help you focus on your technique and progressions.

I would honestly suggest looking for a gymnastics gym or another cheer gym to tumble at with coaches who are more qualified for your higher level of tumbling. I'm not saying you need to switch gyms, but you're at risk for injury if you're being taught by unknowledgeable coaches! A gymnastics gym will really help you focus on your technique and progressions.
I work for this gym. It might not be an option. :p

UGH
WHO IS SUSIE
Yeah i've been wondering that hence your signature
If you are really curious.....

Susie is the generic name for any cheerleader that may be equal to, or even lesser to, their peers in skill but mom is obviously oblivious to that and believes Susie is superior to all other cheerleaders but the coaches just don't see it. Susie's Mom will even go out of her was to let everyone know how much better her kid is.

That is just 1 scenario but I think you get the point.

**But I saw it on the Internet, it must be true**

If you are really curious.....

Susie is the generic name for any cheerleader that may be equal to, or even lesser to, their peers in skill but mom is obviously oblivious to that and believes Susie is superior to all other cheerleaders but the coaches just don't see it. Susie's Mom will even go out of her was to let everyone know how much better her kid is.

That is just 1 scenario but I think you get the point.

**But I saw it on the Internet, it must be true**
Oh.
Those moms are annoying.

Back