Help With Stunting!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 6, 2019
Im currently a freshman on the comp and varsity team of my high school. I’ve had previous experience being a flyer but my comp stunt group is falling way behind. I have my extension and am super close to a lib in both stunt groups in comp and normal sideline cheer. However I found myself today at comp practice going up in an extension, but falling back down. Apparently there is this problem where my feet like to roll outwards with this stunt group but with my sideline cheer stunt group, I don’t have this problem and we can hit an extension just fine as long as I’m super tight and squeeze. One of my bases got super frusturated today at practice and it made me feel really bad bc I felt like it was mostly my fault. My coach keeps saying it’s the grips on my feet and that they are using their arms but I also feel like it’s also because my feet sickle out as soon as we reach the top of the extension. Any tips and help?! I can try and get a video of it if possible but for right now I would really love some advice!! We were so close to getting our lib yesterday and out baskets have been getting so much higher and better!! However in order to move on to a lib we’ve got to hit our extension perfectly like we used to!! (There’s also been a lot of switching out between bases and back spots due to injury and some girls being alternates.)

I also have a huge problem with toeing and heeling!! I don’t know if this is the cause of it but it’s hard for me to balance out my feet!!

Back