Help With Team/squad Names?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 17, 2013
Please help! We're a competitive rec organization and hoping to expand next season, we had 1 team this year, Senior Fierce. Not sure whether to exspand on that or change completely. Would really like some type of theme. Our colors are blue, lime & gray, same as Seattle Seahawks. Our organization's name is Velocity and our logo/mascot is a Gray-Silver Fox :cool:

The whole fierce, sass, diva thing is really over done, so I wouldn't go that route if you want to be unique. I love the teams that do something fun and totally unique to them. OA does baseball teams (Angels, Braves...), Valley Elite does candies (Twizzlers, Pop Rocks...), Cheer Tyme does love themed names (Kiss, Heartbeat, Crush...)

You could also do colors. Senior Lime, Junior Navy, Youth Silver, Mini Sparkle, etc.

I agree as far "Fierce" being overdone or played out, so yes I do want something different I appreciate the suggestions, I like the color ideas but isn't that too overdone?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Yeah, a lot
I agree as far "Fierce" being overdone or played out, so yes I do want something different I appreciate the suggestions, I like the color ideas but isn't that too overdone?

You're right, a lot of teams do colors. I guess it doesn't bother me as much because it's basic. Not that team names really get my undies in a bunch LOL.

Yeah, a lot

You're right, a lot of teams do colors. I guess it doesn't bother me as much because it's basic. Not that team names really get my undies in a bunch LOL.

LOL! :D I think I know what you mean, I heard "Fierce" so many times this season, I was just over it - although I do have to admit I saw a bow today that said "I'm the fiercest of them all" thought that was cute! I guess it's a matter of how you use it. But I really want a theme for our squads :cool:

Does Vixens sound too contraverial? innapropriate? Essentially thats what we were originally V elocity Vixens, which a vixen is a female fox (the animal) but we just stuck to foxes since some thought people may misconstrue or wouldnm't be okay for our younger girls...

Does Vixens sound too contraverial? innapropriate? Essentially thats what we were originally V elocity Vixens, which a vixen is a female fox (the animal) but we just stuck to foxes since some thought people may misconstrue or wouldnm't be okay for our younger girls...
I actually like vixen more than fox. Isn't it one of Santa's reindeer? Foxes sound very 70's nightclub - ooh, foxy ladies!
I really liked what a gym here did. They were Pride AS and each letter of their name was a level: P - level 1 teams ..... E - level 5 teams. Then each level team names began with that letter: P - power...E - envy and so on. It was very clever to me.
How fun to come up with your own team names!

I actually like vixen more than fox. Isn't it one of Santa's reindeer? Foxes sound very 70's nightclub - ooh, foxy ladies!
I really liked what a gym here did. They were Pride AS and each letter of their name was a level: P - level 1 teams ..... E - level 5 teams. Then each level team names began with that letter: P - power...E - envy and so on. It was very clever to me.
How fun to come up with your own team names!

I really do too, there's a college, named Sweet Briar College and they are Vixens. I thought the whole theme vixen>briar sounded really cool & thought if they could do it why not us? but others felt that vixens is associated with being a harlot and would be sending the wrong message

You could do different types of foxes

I saw a team called the foxy ladies

Since your team name is velocity you could go with that
-turbo
-supersonic
-top gear
-velocity
-overdrive
-full throttle
-sparks

Back