Help With Toeing?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 22, 2011
I'm sorry if this is a repeated thread, I looked for one everywhere and couldn't find it.
I'm a flyer and recently I've been having trouble doing one legged extensions because of toeing. This hasn't happened before and it's causing my stunts to completely fall. I'm afraid that my inability to stay up will hurt my chances of progressing and doing different stunts. I'm even more afraid that my coach will take me out and put me as a front spot, even though I'm a veteran flyer. Anyway, does anyone have any tips for not toeing in one legged extensions? I'm open to anything, at this point.

Thank you! :)

My coach always tells our flyers to flex their foot. In her words: "put on your elf shoes" ;) hope that helps some!

When some people flex their feet, as in the suggestion above, it causes their ankles to roll (not everyone, so flexing your foot may work for you). If your ankle rolls when you flex your foot, try to make your big toe touch the inside of the top of your shoe. Focus on lifting that toe and it is virtually impossible to toe a stunt.

When some people flex their feet, as in the suggestion above, it causes their ankles to roll (not everyone, so flexing your foot may work for you). If your ankle rolls when you flex your foot, try to make your big toe touch the inside of the top of your shoe. Focus on lifting that toe and it is virtually impossible to toe a stunt.
That is more what I was trying to say but wasn't sure how to describe it! Thank you!

Make sure your side spots are holding your foot the proper way. If they are not holding your foot correctly it can lead to this problem.

For me it helped to think about leaning back (slightly) with my torso. It was so slight you couldn't even tell, but it made a difference.

If it's never happened before, it might have to do with a new base group? Ask your main base to try to push up harder on the front of your foot if she feels you toeing.
My coach always tells flyers to try to pull their pinky toe up. it's impossible to do but if that's what you think about it seems to help with toeing. sometimes when they try to pull their big toe up they flex their feet a lot and end up going backwards so we say pinky toe!
also if you have a front spot they could probably help if you mentioned it to them

Back