OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Yay! Glad to hear that! Can't wait to buy some :)
Once everything is back in stock, wait till it goes on sale. They have the craziest sales every day...even though they have great prices to begin with. I signed up for their emails just so I could get the sale notifications (the usually only last for 24-48 hours, unless they sellout sooner).

Once everything is back in stock, wait till it goes on sale. They have the craziest sales every day...even though they have great prices to begin with. I signed up for their emails just so I could get the sale notifications (the usually only last for 24-48 hours, unless they sellout sooner).
Awesome!! Thank you! What brushes from bh do you have?

Awesome!! Thank you! What brushes from bh do you have?
I have the 7 piece...they're red brushes in a black cylinder. I got my mom one of the Eco sets and I got my sister the huge set...I think it's 20 something pieces.

My favorite mascara is Christian Dior Diorshow. I like Benefit's Bad Gal next and I am currently using something by Bare Minerals that is better in my opinion than the Too Faced Lash Injection or something that I was using. Love November when they put out the 10 to $20 sets that have an eye shadow, a primer, a lip gloss, etc, for cheap. Can't pass them up. Keep hoping Benefit will put Stay Don't Stray in a small set so I don't have to shell out 28 bucks for their primer, but I love their primer.

Last edited:
the best way to learn how to use the naked palattes is just experimenting what works and looks best on you, but this picture is a good starting off point for anyone interested. just tells you which colors to use where until you really get the hang of blending and whatnot
209ob4l.jpg

and @Ems definitely check this blog out (lots of pictures and instructions at the end) How to Contour and Highlight - Once Wed again, everyone is different, but it's good to have an idea of where to start. i think it also includes what kinds of makeup she uses

Wow, beautiful - but i´m such an idiot with make-up, i guess till i´d learn how to apply it like this, i´d be to old to wear such intense make-up :wham:

Its not high end but real technique brushes are good quality and fairly cheap. They have some sets that are 17.99 and individual brushes vary

I love my Real Technique brushes! I prefer the contour one to my MAC contour brush any day.

YSL do the best mascara, but failing that, Rimmel is my favourite. I like to mix it up with different foundations for different seasons and right now I'm wearing Lancome. It goes on beautifully.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

My kinda thread...

Bare Minerals for everyday makeup. Feels so clean and can be layered, depending on how much coverage is needed.
Chanel's liquid foundations legit smell like Chanel. Makes you feel like your face got fancy.
Nars Orgasm will always be the standard for cheek color.
For contouring - it's more about how to do it than what you do it with. I've found the easiest way is Benetint and/or a very light stick concealer on the proper places. Then, use Bare Minerals Warmth and a small fan brush to create the shadowed areas. I prefer Warmth because it's matte and brozer typically has shimmer.
Urban Decay eye primer, setting spray - so right.
Too Faced palletes are my fave - but their base colors don't impress me much. They're just lacking in pigment punch. But the pallets lasts forever.
I never, ever use high-end liners or mascara. I've heard good things about Dior and Lancome, though.

Great Lash mascara is absolutely hands down THE best mascara. Ever.

And Oil of Olay, Mary Kay and neutrogena all have great skin care products! I did splurge on some Lancôme Vissionaire tonight with my Sephora gift card though :)

I use my credit card points for sephora gift cards so I don't feel guilty about spending the money on it :oops:

Those Stila pens. Pretty colors and if you use them over primer they stay on until you take them off.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I use the stila eyeliner pens too! I feel like it's more even than a pencil, but I don't have to be as skilled as with a full on liquid eyeliner.

Other than that, I wear bare minerals, and recently I've been using NARS Deep Throat blush. I have the original Naked palette, but stick to the pinky/plummy shades in it more than the browns. I think I look sickly when I wear browns.

I rarely buy the same thing twice because I like to experiment with different brands/colors but these are the things I keep going back too -

Mascara : Better than Sex (Too Faced) and Big Fatty (Urban Decay)
Face : Photo Finish Primer line (Smashbox - they have a ton of different types for diff coverage and skin types), MAC foundation, Smashbox cooling tinted moisturizer (I think it's discontinued now :(), Bare Minerals bronzing powder.
Eyes : Urban Decay has the BEST eyeshadows. "Midnight Cowboy Rides Again" is probably my favorite but you have to use a primer first (I use First Base by Too Faced but liquid foundation works just as well) or you'll end up with glitter all over your face.

Any suggestions for a good blush (cream or powder) for a beginner? I've never really used it before but want to try one to add more dimension than just using bronzer.

Unrelated to make-up but is beauty, 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment is the best spray-in after shower conditioner. I have hair that gets oily really easily and this doesn't affect that and it works as a detangler while leaving my hair superrr soft. I can't use it if I am going to curl my hair though, I only use it when I am straightening my hair.

Foundation- MAC studio fix, it covers really well without looking cakey
Powder- *not high end but my fav* rimmel stay matte
Mascara- Benefit they're real, although I do find its fairly hard to get off sometimes, that might just me
Blusher- Mac powder blush
Eye shadow- Naked 1 palet
Lipstick- Mac, but I'm not fussy
Bronzer- Mac
(you can tell I like mac, but I do loveeeee high street make-up too)
Brushes real techniques :)

That's what I use! I'm on probably my 3rd box of it? It really blends into my skin well and I really like it.

I use Hoola and Dandelion by Benefit. CP wanted Dandelion but she is 11. Wasn't spending 28 for her some blush. Got her NYX light pink powder luminizer. She is wanting to wear mascara and light pink blush sporadically, but I think that comes more from having a sister who is a senior in HS.

Ulta has a coupon today for 20 percent off and unlike their normal coupon I think it includes Benefit, just not brow services. Off to Ulta.

Also, there is an app called Shop Kick. Kicks are redeemable for Sephora. You get kicks for things like starting app when walking into Target. You can also get extra kicks if you scan stuff in store. CP likes to scan things with my phone if I remember to start app and do it. You can get kicks at Best Buy, Old Navy, etc. I traded in on my phone today in app 2500 kicks for a $10 Sephora card that is available immediately on phone. I wish I would have known that last night when I was at Sephora. A bunch of stores to redeem for gift cards. Also, you can get anywhere from 45 to 150 kicks just for walking in the store and starting the app. Wasn't hard to get 2500 kicks.

Eyes- LORAC eyeshadows. I have the Pro Palette and the Croc Palette and wear the colors every day. They are so pigmented and smooth and the Pro Palette has the perfect mix of shimmers and mattes. I never really splurge on eyeliner or mascara because they go bad so fast.
Foundation- NARS sheer glow for sure! It matches my strong yellow undertones and the coverage is very natural and pretty. I've gone through like 5 bottles of this.
Cheeks- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy and NARS blushes (my favorites are Gina and Torrid). I also love the Dior Amber Diamond or MAC Cream Color Base in Hush for highlighting and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil for bronzer
Lips- MAC lipsticks. I am obsessed with these because they're pigmented, smell like vanilla, and not drying. My favorite colors are Cherish, Candy Yum Yum, Rebel, and Dark Side. For gloss the Chanel glossimers are gorgeous for an extreme splurge.

Back