High School High School Cheer Tryout Nerves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 16, 2014
I am a freshman this year in high school and I have been cheering for about 3 years. So, I am going to tryout for the JV cheer team on September 8th and 9th (those are the days of tryouts). Even though those date are coming soon I'm already getting nervous. Have any advice how on to get rid of them?

Be confident in your skills and just try your best. No matter what happens or where you get placed, all you can do is try to the best of your abilities and see what plan life has in store.

Don't over think it or stress or worry, because at this point, you have the skills that you most likely are going to have by tryouts. It will either be good enough or it won't. Nothing miraculous is going to change in 1 week, so why stress? Not much you can do to affect the tryout result anymore aside from practicing the materials and smiling :) .

Listen to some pump up music or relax music (whatever you need to make you feel good and happy!) to calm yourself down and think carefree. If you are just having fun and confident in yourself at tryouts, the judges can see that positive energy!

Back