High School Cheer Vs. Allstars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It depends. Some high schools are very serious and work very hard. I think that most of the time, all star cheerleading is more work because it is much more serious, organized, and difficult. A lot of high schools don't work as hard and don't reach our level of difficulty. But there ARE some high schools who are very good and might be as good as allstar teams. either way, we are all cheerleaders and we all share the same passion. So we should all get equal respect.

Some high schools have more talented cheer teams than others. This one school around where I live has a Varsity team full of girls who have cheered together since they were like 5! They've stunted with each other forever, so they know how to work together. All the girls have tumbling, and they can all execute elite stunts. There's other schools that have a team full of girls that have never cheered before. But it's tough to compare high school to All-Star in my opinion! The girls work on such a higher level and have more opportunities to try new things (professional coaches, spring floors for tumbling, tumbling tracks, etc.) whereas high schools have volunteer coaches.

what are your views on the drama between high school cheerleaders and all stars cheerleaders? is equal amount of work being put in on both teams in your opinion?
My CP cheered for an All star gym for 5 years then the Gym closed. The owner also coached an amazing Middle School Team so she decided to go there and cheer. She was bored out of her mind. They didn't practice as much and they would cancel practice at the last minute all the time. The team had a lot of all star kids on it so they won most of there comps anyway. She is a level 5 cheerleader and Middle school cheer was not nearly as hard. Thanks to one of the former coaches at the old gym he started a team and she has been back to All Star for 3 years and is not interested in HS cheer at all.

I'm on both a highschool team and two all-star teams. There is a ton more work put into all-star cheer in my perspective, but it all depends on the team.

I cheered high school (back in the day) and my daughter cheers Allstar. In our area at least, Allstar is more competative, has harder stunts and tumbling. The high school is less about what you can do, and more about who you know. However, I think that they are both difficult. The amount of practice and games in high school cheer is demanding and is often less rewarding, as the cheerleaders are not the stars, only there sypporting the boys. Where in Allstar you and your team are why everyone is at a competition.

Back