High School High School Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

North Metro 7AAAA:

1. Woodland: dropped two two-mans
2. Johns Creek: almost flawless
3. Lambert: had some tumbling issues
4. South Forsyth: a little wobbly, but overall clean
I'm glad Woodlands gets to go to state this year but I'm still sad Whitewater won't :( It was a tough choice between them McIntosh and Union Grove.

North Metro 7AAAA:

1. Woodland: dropped two two-mans
2. Johns Creek: almost flawless
3. Lambert: had some tumbling issues
4. South Forsyth: a little wobbly, but overall clean

I wouldn't say Johns Creek was flawless if they had 20pts in deductions

Do they announce what order the top four finished? -- if so what was the order of Starrs Mill, Northgate, McIntosh and Union Grove?

Thanks for posting the videos cheermix17!

1st place was Northgate, 2nd place was Starr's Mill, 3rd place was McIntosh, and 4th place Union Grove

I didnt know that they got those deductions :confused:. I saw them perform and didnt catch anything major. Anyone know what the deductions were for?

I didn't see anything when I watched the video but the deduction judge appears to be writing something down after they double a couple of times during the routine. This is exactly what i was worried about with the score sheets, no constancy with deductions or scoring at all :(

I didn't see anything when I watched the video but the deduction judge appears to be writing something down after they double a couple of times during the routine. This is exactly what i was worried about with the score sheets, no constancy with deductions or scoring at all :(
Okay thanks. Everyone was so confused :eek:. No one knew what happened!

I didnt know that they got those deductions :confused:. I saw them perform and didnt catch anything major. Anyone know what the deductions were for?
they apparently got called on an inversion (it really wasn't inverted though) on the middle group in the pyramid, when she did a full down...her legs completely folded over so they called it inverted, but her head was completely above the hip level.
and the judges deducted them for not having backspots on the extended stunts...
idk....i hate dumb judges.

they apparently got called on an inversion (it really wasn't inverted though) on the middle group in the pyramid, when she did a full down...her legs completely folded over so they called it inverted, but her head was completely above the hip level.
okay, thanks so much! I hate them too, soo annoying...

I just had my daughter watch the stunt that got the deduction and she said that if they were at an angle they could get away with it but they can not be on the side of the stunt like that or they are considered a base. Sad that they weren't called on it until now. The girl in the middle definitely was NOT inverted though.

Yeah if the side base didnt have ankle foot contact then its illegal...my team got 10 points deducted for that in 09.

I just had my daughter watch the stunt that got the deduction and she said that if they were at an angle they could get away with it but they can not be on the side of the stunt like that or they are considered a base. Sad that they weren't called on it until now. The girl in the middle definitely was NOT inverted though.
Better to be called on it and regions than at State though!

Good Luck to everyone competing today at Sectionals and then at STATE tomorrow in GA :)

Congrats to Northgate and your daughter on their win. Wish I could have made it out today to watch but I am getting sick and didn't want to risk getting anyone else sick.

Back