Music High School V.s. All Star Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 4, 2013
Hey All,

So I'm going to be working with our music guy this year to make our HS music. I've never had to make a high school comp mix before (only All Star and Pop Warner mixes). What would you say are the differences between all star and high school cheer music?

I could really use the advice. :)

Hey All,

So I'm going to be working with our music guy this year to make our HS music. I've never had to make a high school comp mix before (only All Star and Pop Warner mixes). What would you say are the differences between all star and high school cheer music?

Depends on what competitions you're going to. My school kids use all star style music because we compete at all star competitions. However, if we were competing at UCA and NCA, they would have a simpler mix with less voiceovers, more classic songs, and time for a cheer.

Depends on what competitions you're going to. My school kids use all star style music because we compete at all star competitions. However, if we were competing at UCA and NCA, they would have a simpler mix with less voiceovers, more classic songs, and time for a cheer.
I have been debating whether to do All star style (All Music) and High School style with a cheer.... Why must these decisions be so hard?

Hey All,

No raunchy voiceovers. Lol. But some high school teams do use inappropriate songs. I would avoid that, especially for UCA.

I have been debating whether to do All star style (All Music) and High School style with a cheer.... Why must these decisions be so hard?
Make sure you look at guidelines, most states require a cheer and have strict limitations for how long the cheer must be.

ETA: However there are some states who don't require a cheer at all, and have the luxury of going all music.

Last edited:
No raunchy voiceovers. Lol. But some high school teams do use inappropriate songs. I would avoid that, especially for UCA.
ya I'm not a fan of raunchy voiceovers either way hahaha and the most scandalous my music selection hs gotten was using bang bang last year for the intro to a stunt routine (even that was pushing my limits)

Back