OT holiday events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 13, 2010
just wondering what everyone does at their gyms, or if you all have get togethers for the holidays, any christmas or new years parties or events? and what do you guys do at the parties if you have them (games, gift exchanges, food etc.)

I just had a college cheerleading holiday party last night :clapping: It was so much fun! We all got dressed up since it was pretty much our first opportunity to do so as a team. We posted on the facebook event page what we were going to bring foodwise to avoid too much of something etc. Also our coach bought a few boxes of pizza from the school. The four captains made "paper plate awards" for the entire team and two coaches...definitely a huge hit! For those who don't know, paper plate awards are like Most likely to..."something sort of funny and expected" We also had a white elephant gift exchange! :) I'm beginning to feel the holiday spirit and it was a great team bonding event! :)

we have a christmas party where everyone brings a food of some sort and we get with our storm sisters/siblings (senior girls with youth/junior/mini girls) and exchange small gifts and everyone plays games like limbo and relay races together. last year we got ornaments with our logo on them from Kathy (the gym owner) and then we all eat :p

at my old gym we usually had a team party/sleepover at someones house and did secret santa. it was a lot of fun and a great bonding experience! we tried to keep it not too christmasy since everyone didn't celebrate christmas so we did like secret snowflake instead and decorated with stuff from a bunch of different holidays.

we have a holiday party the last practice night before christmas break. We have a secret santa and everyone brings food. We turn the gym into a dancefloor with lights and a dj. The dance studio is where we sit and eat.

My gym has a Christmas party at the gym for everyone. And this year my team is going to have our own Christmas party/sleep over as well and do Secret Santa :)

Back