All-Star Host Family For Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 20, 2012
Hi Everyone, My name is Clara and I'm 15 years old.
Recently I have found that my cheerleading gym isn't what I have expected it to turn out to be. The program itself is only 9 years old, and has gone down hill in the past couple of years. I am looking for a challenge and hopefully to learn a lot more than I am now. This would require me to move possibly. I am from Pennsylvania and I can't find any gyms around here that would suit me. Please help me. Cheerleading means so much to me, and I only have a couple more years left of it and I want to make the best of it.
My email is: [email protected]

My parent is but he also feels like I should be looking more into it seeing that I'm the person who wants it..

Guess I'm just old fashioned and feel that a child shouldn't be on the Internet seeking a place to relocate. My suggestion would be to research a program you'd like to cheer for, have your parent contact the gym owners and see what they can do for you.

Guess I'm just old fashioned and feel that a child shouldn't be on the Internet seeking a place to relocate. My suggestion would be to research a program you'd like to cheer for, have your parent contact the gym owners and see what they can do for you.
Yeah, I totally understand that and respect that! I think I will do that, I just don't know what gyms, and where would be a good start.

Are you a level 5 athlete looking to make a worlds team? Or if not, what are you? Different programs have different strengths.

As a mom, this post bothers me. I am sorry. This board does not strike me as the most appropriate place to seek out a host family. Do some research. Present the gyms you want to be a part of to your parents. Have them contact the gym. Approach the gyms about host family options. Keep this off the internet. While the majority of the people here are good people, there are always creeps out there. Your personal safety is important.

Hi Everyone, My name is Clara and I'm 15 years old.
Recently I have found that my cheerleading gym isn't what I have expected it to turn out to be. The program itself is only 9 years old, and has gone down hill in the past couple of years. I am looking for a challenge and hopefully to learn a lot more than I am now. This would require me to move possibly. I am from Pennsylvania and I can't find any gyms around here that would suit me. Please help me. Cheerleading means so much to me, and I only have a couple more years left of it and I want to make the best of it.
My email is: [email protected]
People from your gym are on this board. For all I know, your coach could be reading this. Anyways, to reiterate what everyone else has said this is pretty unsafe. You never know who will respond. I'm shocked your parents are letting you do this as a 15 year old actually.

I did this when I was 16 and moved to Miami to cheer. I started the conversations and then once it got to certain level, my parents then took over.. Since it was my idea and plan they told me to start the search and then we would go from there. She probably thought this would be a good place to start, since it is a cheer board and the most visited.. I too probably would have started here if it was as big as it now. It also wasn't a "Hey I wanna move and Cheer" a lot of communication, planning and thought went into it.

With that said.. If no gyms answer back from this, then I would do as said above and call around to gyms that you have wanted to cheer for or think could help advance you in the way that suits you. I know that several programs around the US have families or are willing to assist you in locating a host family. Best of Luck! My experience with this years back was amazing.

You never know when a shoe guy will offer you to be your host family....sorry had to...
He followed me in Instagram and commented in a picture of my new Nikes and said something super creepy..blocked just like that.
You never know who's in the other side of the screen kids. Be careful in the Internet.

He followed me in Instagram and commented in a picture of my new Nikes and said something super creepy..blocked just like that.
You never know who's in the other side of the screen kids. Be careful in the Internet.
He sent me three requests to follow on IG. I denied them all. Seriously? Not only am I 39 years old but I don't know you creepy shoe man.

Back